Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 408
Like Tree30Likes
  1. #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhayes View Post
    Quantity: >
    0 available / 2,763 sold
    Please enter a quantity of 0 or less

    HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32GB Refurbished | FB359UAR#ABA | eBay
    Yes.. I'll have minus 2 TouchPads please!

  2. #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    there was 3 item numbers and the totals for each were 2763 + 2771 + 2771= 8305 total before the listings pulled this is just for the 32, i didn't try getting a 16

    i spoke to ebay,54min hold, and they stated they stated that there was an issue w/1 listing and all 3 got pulled, would be reposted w/in 24hrs for remainder or stock

    1 listing said in the listing 1 available and max quantity 2 and there was 1000s available so they pulled all 3 for tech to repost them... is what i was told
    Is this a polite way of saying their servers crashed?

    tayswg20 and darktoy like this.
  3. tayswg20's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    #363  
    The last timestamp on one of the 32gb listings was 21:33 .... almost an hour and a half after the person before it. Maybe a few more people will get lucky.
  4. #364  
    This is what happens when HP Employees are offered first crack at them, Christmas is coming, and HP Employees number over 300,000.

    The first time this was offered on our employee site, we crashed the server for some time, even killing outside sales. Those were new units at the discount price. Limit 1 per employee. The server crashing is probably why it was moved to eBay this time. No risk of killing outside (non-employee) sales on new items. The only items at risk this time were refurbished.

    Looks like we did it again. I managed to get one.
  5. gihmley's Avatar
    Posts
    126 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #365  
    After reading about this nightmare, the $200 I spent to buy a 32 new in the box last week is starting to look like a bargain, indeed...
    -= Gihmley =-

    Alas, poor WebOS... we barely knew ye...
    darktoy and tayswg20 like this.
  6. #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by willwren View Post
    This is what happens when HP Employees are offered first crack at them, Christmas is coming, and HP Employees number over 300,000.

    The first time this was offered on our employee site, we crashed the server for some time, even killing outside sales. Those were new units at the discount price. Limit 1 per employee. The server crashing is probably why it was moved to eBay this time. No risk of killing outside (non-employee) sales on new items. The only items at risk this time were refurbished.

    Looks like we did it again. I managed to get one.
    What first crack? Ebay didn't know who was an HP employee and the world knew when they would be going on sale. HP telling us it was two hours before everyone else was silly. There was no way to control it.
  7. #367  
    Thought about sitting in front of computer and trying to ebay tonight, now I'm glad I went out instead. Sorry guys.
  8. #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Thought about sitting in front of computer and trying to ebay tonight, now I'm glad I went out instead. Sorry guys.
    My phone started buzzing about 15 minutes before the start of it, I sat and considered whether or not it was even worth a $99 Touchpad for me to get up from watching football and sit in front of my computer, dealing with the frustration of some crazy eBay rush ... and I said nah, dismissed the alarm, and ate some more pizza. I'd say I came out ahead
  9. #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Why can't they give those to devs?
    well devs got ones from the dev program at the 99/150$ prices, at least they had to opportunity to... not sure how many jumped on it or not, i know i did, i just wish i could have gotten a few for my gf and a couple other family and friends now..
  10. #370  
    man I know the process was unpleasant but are people actually saying that they were too lazy to sit and wait at a computer for a half an hour or hour? I'm sure people drove and waited in line longer to buy these at the original firesale. You couldn't be bothered to sit and refresh while watching tv or something?

    And are people really surprised that pages were taking long to load? This sale was advertised EVERYWHERE, thousands and thousands of people were trying to buy all at the same time. There was only around 6000 units from the looks of the sales, not everyone can get one.

    The only real gripe I can see that's valid is the outrageous shipping cost, $20? Some people were actually charged $38?! After tax my 32 GB was damn near $200, I could've got a NEW Kindle Fire with warranty and support instead of this refurb. I know you can do more with th TouchPad but this is a gift for my gf and the Fire would have been sufficient for her. Rethinking my purchase right now, I really wanted 2 16gb so I can get one for my parents too, 120 for a 16gb would have been easier for me to swallow.
  11. naptime's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by godzillinois View Post
    man I know the process was unpleasant but are people actually saying that they were too lazy to sit and wait at a computer for a half an hour or hour? I'm sure people drove and waited in line longer to buy these at the original firesale. You couldn't be bothered to sit and refresh while watching tv or something?

    And are people really surprised that pages were taking long to load? This sale was advertised EVERYWHERE, thousands and thousands of people were trying to buy all at the same time. There was only around 6000 units from the looks of the sales, not everyone can get one.

    The only real gripe I can see that's valid is the outrageous shipping cost, $20? Some people were actually charged $38?! After tax my 32 GB was damn near $200, I could've got a NEW Kindle Fire with warranty and support instead of this refurb. I know you can do more with th TouchPad but this is a gift for my gf and the Fire would have been sufficient for her. Rethinking my purchase right now, I really wanted 2 16gb so I can get one for my parents too, 120 for a 16gb would have been easier for me to swallow.
    the kindle fire is also smaller, has half the memory, half the screen, personal storage space is limited, and amazon locks you into their app store.

    i have had mine since the firesale . i love it.

    i wanted to get my parents a set as well. i thoroughly looked over the kindlefire, the nook tablet, and the vizio 8"

    in the end....

    i bought them two 16g touchpads, on ebay, for 250 each. 150 more than i got mine for.

    same price as a nook tablet. 50 more than a fire. and 125 more than a vizio tablet.

    but, i know they are getting devices that work. and are far superior to those other garbage devices.

    i would be in heaven had a i gotten 32's for 200.
  12. #372  
    tried for over an hour to grab one... the 32GB model was in my cart, but I could not go any further. Seems pretty ridiculous that they only had 10000 available... I think HP should have just offered them to their employees silently thru private channels instead of this whole ebay fiasco (and I am not an HP employee).

    I know HP doesn't care and it really doesn't matter, but add me to the list of customers who think HP does not deserve my support anymore. I cannot continue to reward incompetence.
  13. eKeith's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimijames View Post
    tried for over an hour to grab one... the 32GB model was in my cart, but I could not go any further. Seems pretty ridiculous that they only had 10000 available... I think HP should have just offered them to their employees silently thru private channels instead of this whole ebay fiasco (and I am not an HP employee).

    I know HP doesn't care and it really doesn't matter, but add me to the list of customers who think HP does not deserve my support anymore. I cannot continue to reward incompetence.
    I agree: I had the same pathetic experience as you and others. I'm still ****ed at HP...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  14. #374  
    The 37 pages of people *****ing about the shipping cost made me laugh out loud. That's standard shipping for that stuff, people, get over it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ungenius View Post
    well devs got ones from the dev program at the 99/150$ prices, at least they had to opportunity to... not sure how many jumped on it or not, i know i did, i just wish i could have gotten a few for my gf and a couple other family and friends now..
    ... so what are you developing?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    naptime likes this.
  15. carterlite's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #375  
    I'm confused by all the people who are angry at Ebay, PayPal, and HP. It's not as if any of those parties wanted us to have issues with our purchase. And you can't blame HP for going through Ebay/PayPal; they are the largest and best option as far as selling an item and accepting payment. I can imagine being upset for not getting a Touchpad, but to blame Ebay, PayPal, or HP is ridiculous. I'm sure everyone, us and them, wished the process had been smoother and gone off without a single problem but it didn't happen that way. Move on and stop complaining.
    naptime likes this.
  16. naptime's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimijames View Post
    tried for over an hour to grab one... the 32GB model was in my cart, but I could not go any further. Seems pretty ridiculous that they only had 10000 available... I think HP should have just offered them to their employees silently thru private channels instead of this whole ebay fiasco (and I am not an HP employee).

    I know HP doesn't care and it really doesn't matter, but add me to the list of customers who think HP does not deserve my support anymore. I cannot continue to reward incompetence.
    silently offering them to their employees would not have created a media buzz.

    this did.

    and got, what, another 10k units on the street, in one hour.
    eKeith likes this.
  17. eKeith's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by carterlite View Post
    I'm confused by all the people who are angry at Ebay, PayPal, and HP. It's not as if any of those parties wanted us to have issues with our purchase. And you can't blame HP for going through Ebay/PayPal; they are the largest and best option as far as selling an item and accepting payment. I can imagine being upset for not getting a Touchpad, but to blame Ebay, PayPal, or HP is ridiculous. I'm sure everyone, us and them, wished the process had been smoother and gone off without a single problem but it didn't happen that way. Move on and stop complaining.
    It's not about "wishing the process had been smoother": If you're going to offer a promotion like this, and given the lessons learnt from the past fire sale, then you know what to expect. Therefore, ensure you've got the infrastructure to pull it off smoothly. Otherwise, have a private sale to employees or premium customers...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  18. #378  
    carterlite,

    agreed, jeesh, a bunch of whiners.

    no matter how it unfolded, when demand exceeds supply, $tuff happens.

    there was no other option, anyone who thinks they got ripped off by not getting an order through, tough beanies, and move on.

    laterzzzz...
    32g and playing
  19. #379  
    i tried to get an extra one for my kids to play with instead of arguing over mine but alas it didnt work out...no big deal & I'm sure I can find one used in a local paper if I really need another one.

    really don't understand the whiners that complain about HP and EBay when it's obvious that 10,000 other people got through with their purchases ?
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
  20. #380  
    If you can afford it I say just go the extra money and get an iPad. I had my TP for about a month and it really is underwhelming. I got myself an iPad last night and I absolutely love it. I just does so much more. With the TP you get what you pay for. I'm my opinion get a kindle fire if you don't want to spend $500 plus on a iPad. I truly believe in about 6 months to a year webOS will be totally dead. What use is a tablet with no updates. Also adobe is giving up on mobile flash, apple was smart not to deal with it. HTML 5 I think is the future of mobile video. It's a real shame because I think webOS is a really nice OS. But with lack or good apps it doesn't have a future. Open source doesn't mean much to developers if there no future hardware being made. That's why android will continue to be successful, theres so many hardware makers for its OS.

Posting Permissions