Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Well, reading all the frustration from people trying to get these, I guess I'll just be glad I decided not to at the last moment. I was going to try to get one 16GB as an extra unit I'd be more willing to let the kids use, and also as a backup in case something happens to my 32GB (which I let the kids use on occaision, and am a nervous wreck the whole while!).

However I could tell my wife was going to blow a fuse if I spent any more money on webOS stuff, particularly this very moment when the coffers are rather low as I await some customer payments. Maybe if I hadn't bought a Pre3 in the middle of the night for $325 without telling her first, I'd have had a little more leeway now...

But it looks like I would have just ended up frustrated with no $99 TouchPad and a wife almost as irritated knowing I'd tried to get one.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    ...and here comes the negative feedback for HP on eBay:

eBay Feedback Profile for hewlettpackard
    Had a few Friends trying for one. No go for both...
    Quote Originally Posted by glennmorita View Post
    I got to the check out and confirmation pages twice and error-ed out. I gave up after an hour of trying

Guess I'll have to troll Ebay for a good deal on a used 32G unit.
    I completely understand your frustation but if you really want one or two, just keep trying. I almost gave up after an hour but finally managed to buy two.

Try the ebay ca site
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=170746761857

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=170746761866

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=170746761819

Try the ebay UK site
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170746761857

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170746761866

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170746761819
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by AmHack View Post
    Isn't ebay supposed to have the server capacity for this type of sale?
    I know. Right?

I hope HP is watching. The Touchpad firesale created demand for this product that wasn't there before. It created demand for tablets among those who didn't have or want to waste $500 on a niche tech item. Those that would not be typical iPad customers. It also created demand for webOS among those that would previously only consider iOS and Android.

I hope that HP is expedient in OpenSourcing webOS to take advantage of this interest.

Also, I think if HP continued to sell the touchpad at the kindlefire and nook price points they would have a winner. There is so much potential for this product. I would gladly pay $200 for 16 GB Touchpad and I have paid $250 for a 32 GB model.

I will not buy from a firesale reseller, unless I find it in a small brick and mortar shop in my small town.

Let me make this clear, don't PM me about purchasing a TP. You bought it. Use the damn thing.
    I tried to buy these 32gb or 16gb since 720p est and have not been able to buy any of them.

so upset
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I was pretty stocked to try and out a WebOS3 device though. I bought the Palm Pre when it came out on release data. Using an Evo 3D and iphone 4s now and I still think the palm pre has the best UI and multitasking ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Quantity available: 0

For all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I tried to buy these 32gb or 16gb since 720p est and have not been able to buy any of them.

so upset
    You had to get in at 7:00 on the dot to even have a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
    You had to get in at 7:00 on the dot to even have a chance.
    ugh fml.

stupid me
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
    Quantity available: 0

For all of them.
    Yup, I checked too. No go.

I have to say that this firesale was a very unpleasant experience. Apparently, I went though the same sequence as described in previous posts: I clicked on the "Buy" button at about 7:01 EST, maybe less than a minute after the sale prices became available.

The first eBay confirmation page showed at about 7:08, the cart in another 5-6 minutes. Every consecutive checkout step took forever; I have never seen anything like that. By the time I went though PayPal and clicked "Confirm", it was already 7:30 !!!

And, then: I received the notice that there were no more items left.

Now, I am very unhappy about this. If I was not going to get the Touchpads any more, shouldn't I be notified right when I placed the order, at 7:01? Why was I being held at the computer for next half hour? Why did each of the intermediate pages take over 5 minutes to load? Who was able to get there ahead of me and how? Did their pages have some kind of priority?

Not nice. Robert
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdwalker View Post
    Who was able to get there ahead of me and how? Did their pages have some kind of priority?
    Not nice.
    I'm not sure ebay was giving some customer priority over others; my guess is that when thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of people want the same item at exactly the same time, their system probably "sold" all the items within the first 5 seconds and since it couldn't handle the traffic, it caused the delay. the delay probably made people like you and me believe we actually had a chance at purchasing, so we held on and hoped; only to find that we never really had a chance at all.

We can always buy from the people that turned around and put them back up for sale at ridiculously marked-up prices, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by JCTWeb View Post
    ... We can always buy from the people that turned around and put them back up for sale at ridiculously marked-up prices, right?
    I am afraid we may have to. Even though it irks me to no end to give money to profiteers. Skalpers is what we call them at the games...

Right now, I am too ****ed and will not do anything about it until after New Year. Then I'll see: maybe the prices will go down - after all, this really is a dying OS. Can anyone spell Open-Source Symbian?
    Quote Originally Posted by JCTWeb View Post
    I'm not sure ebay was giving some customer priority over others; my guess is that when thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of people want the same item at exactly the same time, their system probably "sold" all the items within the first 5 seconds and since it couldn't handle the traffic, it caused the delay. the delay probably made people like you and me believe we actually had a chance at purchasing, so we held on and hoped; only to find that we never really had a chance at all.

We can always buy from the people that turned around and put them back up for sale at ridiculously marked-up prices, right?
    What's funny is they told us employees that we were getting a two hour jump on the sale to the public! Of course, that word got out 10 minutes later so it was a WW free for all. The world worst kept secret.

I will go buy a craigslist unit since they will have the 1 year warranty and not the 90 day for the refurb (until CL is flooded with these refubs)
    Same from this end.. 2763 sold etc.
    Last 100 sales made between: 16:57:58 PST and 17:06:26 PST.

Edit: Most recent (x 1) item registered sold @ 18:33:10 PST.

28% of whom bought x 2 items.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/11/2011 at 08:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Same from this end.. 2763 sold etc.
    Last 100 sales made between: 16:57:58 PST and 17:06:26 PST.
    28% of whom bought x 2 items.

There were 4 sales blocks. I see one of the other 32GB at 2771. Not sure where the 16GB ended.

I got to paypal a couple of times and it bailed on me.
    Quantity: >
    0 available / 2,763 sold
    Please enter a quantity of 0 or less

HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32GB Refurbished | FB359UAR#ABA | eBay
    Quote Originally Posted by rdwalker View Post
    Yup, I checked too. No go.

I have to say that this firesale was a very unpleasant experience. Apparently, I went though the same sequence as described in previous posts: I clicked on the "Buy" button at about 7:01 EST, maybe less than a minute after the sale prices became available.

The first eBay confirmation page showed at about 7:08, the cart in another 5-6 minutes. Every consecutive checkout step took forever; I have never seen anything like that. By the time I went though PayPal and clicked "Confirm", it was already 7:30 !!!

And, then: I received the notice that there were no more items left.

Now, I am very unhappy about this. If I was not going to get the Touchpads any more, shouldn't I be notified right when I placed the order, at 7:01? Why was I being held at the computer for next half hour? Why did each of the intermediate pages take over 5 minutes to load? Who was able to get there ahead of me and how? Did their pages have some kind of priority?

Not nice. Robert
    You gave up to soon,there was a big problem with Paypal that showed a lot of irrelevant messages for over an hour after the sale went live.I clicked buy it now at 7:00:05 EST(yes,5 seconds into the sale) and crashed immediately but kept refreshing over and over and got to Paypal around 7:20 EST.I was then in a refresh frenzy for another 30 or so minutes,disregarding any and all messages (your cart is empty etc.) logging back in to Paypal several times until I could confirm payment.I got my Paypal confirmation e-mail timestamped at 7:55:36.This was a very similar experience to the original HP firesale back in August when it was also very discouraging with tons of error messages along the way but I just kept refreshing.I love my 32GB TP and will give this one to my mom.

We have clearance,Clarence.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhayes View Post
    Quantity: >
    0 available / 2,763 sold
    Please enter a quantity of 0 or less

HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32GB Refurbished | FB359UAR#ABA | eBay
    Now that's funny!
    Last edited by Awats; 12/11/2011 at 10:29 PM.
    there was 3 item numbers and the totals for each were 2763 + 2771 + 2771= 8305 total before the listings pulled this is just for the 32, i didn't try getting a 16

i spoke to ebay,54min hold, and they stated they stated that there was an issue w/1 listing and all 3 got pulled, would be reposted w/in 24hrs for remainder or stock

1 listing said in the listing 1 available and max quantity 2 and there was 1000s available so they pulled all 3 for tech to repost them... is what i was told
    Palm prē-ist.