Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Sucks. I got as far as checkout, then I was told my phone number needed to be included. Page took forever to load, then the item was no longer available. Well, I have my Pre 3. Only consolation is that any new hardware that comes out will likely be superior, as with most consumer electronics.
    DiDGr8 likes this.
    .co.uk shows two of the 32s are still available. The count of how many are sold is gradually increasing, but not sold out. I repeatedly try to complete checkout, but PayPal ultimately tells me the items are not available and removes them from my final checkout.

But they're still available and being sold on .co.uk??
    -
    FireFox31

StarTac 7868W (6 years) > Treo 650 (4 years) > Palm Pre (1+ years)
    WARNING:
    Members,

This is a family friendly site - we have language filters in place for a reason. If you cannot post without swearing and circumventing our filters, we will have to start infracting members. Please take it easy - it's ok to be angry, but not ok to post around our filters. Thank you
    jblather likes this.
    Go to the second 32GB Listing via ebay.co.uk .... ONLY 1500 SOLD at this time
    Oh well...thanks to nam guy I at least got all the way to the final confirmation click on Paypal, at which point it bailed on me... maybe it's time for me to just suck it up and buy thatnew asus prime, or wait for the iPad3's...
    I keep getting closer. I went to pay with paypal, and then got the 'item unavailable' notice.
    It's not looking good.
    You plug your phone in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    All of the foreign stores show 0 products in any category...all completely empty.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Wheel_nut, I'm seeing the same thing. "Only 1500 sold, so they're still available." But they're not. Get all the way to PayPal checkout and it removes it from the cart.

I suspect that pending transactions are dying, freeing up held stock, so new transactions can claim them. But before you finish checkout, somehow the one you claimed gets freed and someone else gets it.

Perhaps if you press the PayPal checkout completion button at JUST the right moment.....
    -
    FireFox31

Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    not seeing it. a link would be helpful.

other links so far only go to the main page for the item but when you try to put it in your cart it tells you its no longer available
    My husband and I were right at our computers at 7pm eastern time and could not get through the payment process for the touchpad. I was trying to buy one for a friend who wanted to give it as a Christmas gift. We got as far as the checkout process and then we even made it as far as checking out with PayPal and it was taken right out from under our noses! I think that if you go to purchase something on a site and put it in your cart, it should be yours and not be able to be taken away from you!!!!! Its a good thing that we both were able to score one at our local Wal-Mart and best buy stores or we would be out of luck like I think tons of others are as well. Hope you all can have a wonderful Christmas despite the fact of not being able to get a touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by guity View Post
    Oh well...thanks to nam guy I at least got all the way to the final confirmation click on Paypal, at which point it bailed on me... maybe it's time for me to just suck it up and buy thatnew asus prime, or wait for the iPad3's...
    Thanks to ToniCipriani. I just put in red+bold
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    All of the foreign stores show 0 products in any category...all completely empty.
    Did you try ebay.ca?
    These items are not available for payment. They may be already paid for, over 30 days old, or just currently unavailable.
    If you encounter this message more than once, please contact us, and we'll do our best to help.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Procedure I'm trying:

Go to the item.
    Try to Buy It Now.
    It fails, saying it's unavailable.
    Click "Refresh" repeatedly until it IS available and lets you check out.
    Then proceed through checkout.
    Any time you get an error, click Refresh until it goes away.
    This gets you to PayPal.
    Then at the last PayPal step, it removes it from your cart and says it's unavailable.

I give up. That was a fun try, but we missed out.
    -
    FireFox31

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

UK site, just keep trying, buy now/back space till it takes. then the next step/back space till it takes, etc. etc. it took me 25 minutes to finally get through. It's like the 100th caller to a radio contest.
    and to think i paid $600 at bestbuy on launch day and even prebought it and nobody even knew they had the touchpads then. Lol
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Keep refreshing and retrying! I have been doing that for the past 25 minutes and finally got one through! Good luck, everyone.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    I wonder how many of these will be back on eBay in the next 24hours with a $100+ markup on them.
    Was just thinking about that -- given that they're refurbished and the warranty differences, shouldn't these be going for a lower price? I wonder if the boxes and/or serial numbers are marked as refurbished units...
    Does the Canada site still have 16g?