1.    #1  
    Hey Gurus!

I've been reading throught the forums and found that people have successfully managed to pair there Goflex Satellites and HP Touchpads but I can't find any easy instructions on how to do it!

At the moment I can get the two to communicate and view files and even download them but its a very hard process and I can't scroll through the videos so I'm stuck with whats on the first page.

Can anyone give me step by step help on how to get the goflex to stream on a touchpad like it would a ipad or android?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I just connect to my goflex via wifi and surf to the web page on the sat works fine for me
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by skyscanr View Post
    I just connect to my goflex via wifi and surf to the web page on the sat works fine for me
    But you can't scroll down in the browser or play videos that aren't supported by the stock player. I want to play videos through Kalemsoft?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SPNKY View Post
    But you can't scroll down in the browser or play videos that aren't supported by the stock player. I want to play videos through Kalemsoft?
    I have a lot of movies on a goflex satellite, encoded by Handbrake as "Apple Universal". These are all H.264 videos, but most aren't playable by the standard player, so I have to use Kalemsoft. The other approach is to use an app like Bhome that can play media from a DLNA server, in which the satellite happens to be one. Bhome, unfortunately, only uses the stock player, so it didn't work for me. If all your movies are playable with the stock player, then Bhome would be the easiest way to go. How I wish Kalemsoft had built in DLNA support!

It took a while, but I got it to work with Kalemsoft. You have to first install samba on the satellite, which is a bit of a pain. There's a thread on the satellite support forum that tells you how to do this. I don't remember the exact steps as it was a couple of months ago. This thread should help, but I recall there are other threads, too.

Getting SAMBA to work... - Seagate Community Forums

Once you get Samba installed and configured, then you have to mount the drive to the touchpad, and specifically, into the sandboxed directory of Kalemsoft. There are a couple of threads here that go into detail on that. This is one:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...kalemsoft.html

I did this manually, but it looks like there's a homebrew app now. I haven't tried it so I can't say how easy it is to work.

All this assumes you know your way around unix, have preware and xterm/xserver installed, etc. If you are a complete newbie, this will be a very daunting proposition.

Good luck!

-steve
    Quote Originally Posted by MincerRay View Post
    I have a lot of movies on a goflex satellite, encoded by Handbrake as "Apple Universal". These are all H.264 videos, but most aren't playable by the standard player, so I have to use Kalemsoft. The other approach is to use an app like Bhome that can play media from a DLNA server, in which the satellite happens to be one. Bhome, unfortunately, only uses the stock player, so it didn't work for me. If all your movies are playable with the stock player, then Bhome would be the easiest way to go. How I wish Kalemsoft had built in DLNA support!

It took a while, but I got it to work with Kalemsoft. You have to first install samba on the satellite, which is a bit of a pain. There's a thread on the satellite support forum that tells you how to do this. I don't remember the exact steps as it was a couple of months ago. This thread should help, but I recall there are other threads, too.

Getting SAMBA to work... - Seagate Community Forums

Once you get Samba installed and configured, then you have to mount the drive to the touchpad, and specifically, into the sandboxed directory of Kalemsoft. There are a couple of threads here that go into detail on that. This is one:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...kalemsoft.html

I did this manually, but it looks like there's a homebrew app now. I haven't tried it so I can't say how easy it is to work.

All this assumes you know your way around unix, have preware and xterm/xserver installed, etc. If you are a complete newbie, this will be a very daunting proposition.

Good luck!

-steve
    This is exactly what I've been looking for, god knows how long. You are a lifesaver MincerRay!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostknyght View Post
    This is exactly what I've been looking for, god knows how long. You are a lifesaver MincerRay!
    Thanks! If only it were that easy! I had a heck of a time getting Samba running on the Satellite. It took a while to download the huge repository, only to find it uses less than 10 packages! Of course now I forget which packages!

On a good day, Samba is a pain in the a s s to configure. I must have had a bad day as no matter what I did, I couldn't configure an open public share. I kept getting authentication problems, which shouldn't happen for an open public share! I eventually had to restrict it to my username and password, and finally got it to work. You definitely want to get it working with your regular computer first before trying to get it to work on the TP.

Hopefully, the new preware network drive app will make connecting it to your TP easier. I haven't played with this app yet.

-steve