Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    I spent two hours on a live chat with HP support. At the end, they determined that there was a hardware problem. I am scheduled to send it back to HP for repairs. I guess we'll see.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    I tried downloading an earlier webOS Doctor version (3.0.2) to the same end. Stills fails at 12% with "flashing failed." I am still waiting on the box from HP to send to TP in for repairs.

I am still willing to try to fix it myself if anyone has additional thoughts. Thanks to everyone who has made suggestions.
    If you'd like, I created a customized 3.0.4 doctor for myself about a month ago for the sole the purpose of installing a chroot environment, and I'd be willing to put it on a hosting site for you to download and try. I've used it myself and it works on my system and TP (a 32gb but doesn't really matter if you have 16gb). It will do the normal doctor procedure with the additional step of creating a 4gb ext3fs partition (/media/ext3fs) for the chroot environment, and a custom debian boot logo. Let me know and I'll find a site to host the file from (megaupload maybe).

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=98QI57EE
    Last edited by plgnply; 12/12/2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: link added
    WebOS Doctor 3.0.4 + 4gb Chroot + Custom Debian boot logo

WebOS Doctor 3.0.4 + 4gb Chroot + Custom Debian boot logo - MEGAUPLOAD
    I just came across these instructions related to doctor stuck at 12% and they seem reasonable to me to try. Read through them and if you have any questions before you try just ask. They are pretty straightforward.

exact steps that i did (some may not be preformed, but this is what i did)

restarted the touchpad: center + power

upon reset, held: power + volume up to enter dev mode

ran webos doctor through the command "java -jar webosdoctorp302hstnhwifi-3.0.2.jar"

went through the normal hoopla and got to the 12% hangup where it goes in an endless loop.

launched novaterm

used the command: "mkfs.msdos /dev/mapper/store-media"

restarted the touchpad: center + power

upon reset, held: power + volume up to enter dev mode

re-ran WebOS doctor

hung at 12% for a minute then the process jumped to 25% and finished installing.

5 min reboot and back to the "select language" screen.

Hope this is of help to someone.

Also, I won't be back to this forum, so I can't answer questions.

Good luck!

credit to NexusCrawler
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Thanks. I found that, but have no idea how to launch novaterm. I found a novaterm.jar file on the computer, but nothing happens when I attempt to open it. I am afraid I am getting way over my head with all this java stuff. As much as I don't want to, I think I will send it back to HP.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue.contacted palm and was told with the site down webos doctor may not fully run.I read the fixes and have had no luck so far.HP offered to send me a replacement.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12