Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    We have completed a technical review for creating a PDF Review and Markup App for the TouchPad. Before our next meeting, we would like to get a feel for the demand that there is for such a tool. So I'll take this opportunity to ask the forum a few simple questions:

1. Do you need a PDF Review and Markup App?
    2. If you had one, how much would you use it?

Also, if you could explain why you need one. Like, you're a lawyer, or a contract reviewer, etc.

Thanks in advance,
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Acebandge, rmeigs and mushko77 like this.
    It's the only thing keeping me from using the touchpad full time. I use Goodreader on my iPad, and would suggest that you use that app as a model..

I am a IT professional and markup all my PDFs.

Also, there are several threads about this in the software section.

Here's one: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
    YES! I would absolutely LOVE it if I could markup pdfs using my touchpad. I'm a grad student and I often use the TP as an alternative to killing many trees via printing but I hate that I can't mark what I read. Highlighting and commenting abilities would be more than awesome
    I would definitely love it! I'm a PhD student and I read a lot of papers. If I could do it in a comfortable way on the touchpad, it would be a game changer! Basically, I need this app every day.

Edit says: Good PDF rendering (not as pixel graphics, but as vector graphics) would already be a great start!
    Last edited by Hans Blafoo; 12/05/2011 at 02:06 PM.
    I use the TouchPad primarily for sheet music, and would love to be able to annotate.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I definitely would use such a tool. I'm an engineer and have to regularly review technical documents in PDF format.
    I have absolutely no use at all for PDF stuff, but it seems to be a vocal group of people that do. Go for it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Being able to permanently highlight/mark text would bring much of my PDF reading to the Touchpad. If bookmarks would be created from it, and I could add comments as well, I would stop printing manuals/books all together - saving some more trees ...
    Read them all the time--I support this app
    I would love annotation abilities. Me and some friends with our touchpads would buy an app like this in a heartbeat. Would love to be able to highlight text and jot quick notes on pages to if possible. It's literally the last app I need to make my touchpad use full time..
    I would pay 10 or 15 dollars for this app. So many want PDF annotation app for there touchpad that I think they Just gave up on there being one.
    Please make this happen.. It's easy money for whoever makes it because u would be the only app. No Competition

Thanks
    Kevin
    I'm a lawyer and the ability to add tabs and notes would be HUGE. Would use it literally 5 days a week.
    Could have used it 2x today to add dates to .pdf's that were missing info.
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    Being able to permanently highlight/mark text would bring much of my PDF reading to the Touchpad. If bookmarks would be created from it, and I could add comments as well, I would stop printing manuals/books all together - saving some more trees ...
    If I could do this I would annotate & highlight the pdf and then print many copies FROM my Touchpad just so I can say look what I can do, thus killing more trees :P

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Hi,

I too would use this app all the time if available. I'm an undergrad student and prefer reading PDFs off my touchpad rather than my desktop, but my desktop has acrobat pro which allows highlighting, something my touchpad is missing. It would be amazing to finally have it directly on the touchpad. As for the usage, at least 3-4 times a week.
    As a musician, this would let me mark up scanned music during rehearsal and then play it at outdoor gigs where the lighting for reading music is poor. I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Chalk up another engineer that would use it 5 days a week. My boss uses Goodreader all the time on his ipad while I'm stuck shuffling papers
  17. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    We have completed a technical review for creating a PDF Review and Markup App for the TouchPad. Before our next meeting, we would like to get a feel for the demand that there is for such a tool. So I'll take this opportunity to ask the forum a few simple questions:

1. Do you need a PDF Review and Markup App?
    2. If you had one, how much would you use it?

Also, if you could explain why you need one. Like, you're a lawyer, or a contract reviewer, etc.

Thanks in advance,
    I'm a researcher, the answers to your questions are:

1) Yes - I read and review PDFs - often for my own notes, often for projects I'm working on with others.

2) On my touchpad, I do this for maybe two three hours a day - this is in Android using EzPDF and in combination with dropbox. So I might use the desktop to find the papers I want to read, organise them on my desktop and then they are already on my TP. I don't think the workflow is currently possible on the touchpad and your product would only provide one aspect of the solution (due to the lack of a dropbox app).
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I don't think the workflow is currently possible on the touchpad and your product would only provide one aspect of the solution (due to the lack of a dropbox app).
    But couldn't twack's app also use the integrated dropbox-synergy?
    At least on my TouchPad I'm able to read and write files from/to dropbox with QuickOffice - why shouldn't this work for another app?
    Or do you have use cases which are only supplied by the dropbox-app? What about Dropboxify? (the last time I have compared it to dropbox-synergy it didn't offer any additional features I need)
    Pre³ (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    But couldn't twack's app also use the integrated dropbox-synergy?
    I could be wrong about this but the last time I tried the synergy - it was simply a FTP tool to access files, it wasn't caching them for off-line access?*
    Yes! I have a tablet pc and use it all the time for markup (I am a university student and I use it for lecture notes, research, etc.), but I would absolutely love to be able to use the touchpad for it, since it is so much more portable.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast