Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    We have completed a technical review for creating a PDF Review and Markup App for the TouchPad. Before our next meeting, we would like to get a feel for the demand that there is for such a tool. So I'll take this opportunity to ask the forum a few simple questions:

1. Do you need a PDF Review and Markup App?
    2. If you had one, how much would you use it?

Also, if you could explain why you need one. Like, you're a lawyer, or a contract reviewer, etc.

Thanks in advance,
    1. Yes! I have Xournal under ubuntuchroot but would prefer a native webOS application. Xournal just doesn't work well enough and requires a number of workarounds to achieve basic functionality.
    A. Permit both 'ink' annotation in the margins and the highlighting of text (i.e. overlay semi transparent thick lines of a bright color).
    B. Ideally the markup would be saved within the PDF to facilitate sharing/printing/uploading (Xournal does not do this)
    C. Be integrated with document sources available to the touchpad; locally and within the cloud, dropbox and box.net (Dropbox doesn't sync with arm devices under ubuntu/debian)

2. I am a biologist, and would use such a pdf markup app daily for reference to technical documentation and to stay current with published research.

Thank you. Hope you decide to move forward with the project. A good implementation that has all the above features is easily worth $15-$20.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Pain Hardship Despair - I remember it well.
    LOL, true indeed. At least one of us is done, she still has another year or so. Still I can say I was never bored during the entire thing ... broke and tired but never bored!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I'm currently a law student and I use Repligo / EZPDF (got both) at minimum 3 hours a day 7 days a week. I scan in all my books so I can have them everywhere I go. I would definitely buy this app and I think that once more textbooks go electronic (besides scanning them) this app would be very high demand.

Right now the PDF annotators on Android are not quite up to par for what I want it to do. I mostly use it for highlighting and wish there was a better way to do it then to select the text then select highlight. The recent updates with Repligo and EZPdf have made it a little bit easier to select text but it is still lacking.

What would be optimal is if there was a highlight icon you could click on/off and then when you run your finger over the text it highlights it. A freehand draw button would also be very useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    We have completed a technical review for creating a PDF Review and Markup App for the TouchPad. Before our next meeting, we would like to get a feel for the demand that there is for such a tool. So I'll take this opportunity to ask the forum a few simple questions:

1. Do you need a PDF Review and Markup App?
    2. If you had one, how much would you use it?

Also, if you could explain why you need one. Like, you're a lawyer, or a contract reviewer, etc.

Thanks in advance,
    Oh Dear GOD YES!!!! Please!!! YES!!!
    Everyday and All day long!!! I carry two Touchpads one with Android so I can use all my PDF books.
    Not sure if anyone suggested an Android version, but one I use on my dual boot TouchPad is ezPDF reader, made by Unidocs Inc. The PDF Solution & Technology Innovator - Unidocs Inc.. It does everything from highlight, underline, circle, draw, add arrows, add text boxes, even add your own pictures on to the PDF. I think that alot of the features are for people who collaborate on PDF projects. It even does the voice reading, import and export annotations, etc...
    It's pretty amazing.
    I would absolutly use it, meaning several hours almost every day! I'm a university student having to read large amounts of pdfs like downloaded articles or scanned book-sections. Any kind of note-taking and marking would be wonderful, but the most useful for me would be:

- drawing marks on the pdf with a stylus pen or fingertip (scanned documents often don't have the text inclded as markable text)
    - writing on it, at best whereever I want on the pdf and in different colours and sizes
    - underlining/highlighting text

I would definitely buy such an app right away, and I would love to have it as soon as possible!
    Thank you in advance for making one!
    Yes. Please. This is the last missing piece for me to use my touchpad and let my wife have my ipad. I like using iAnnotate on my ipad but I don't demand all the full functions that iAnnotate can provide (maybe pdf-reader free on iPad is a good example of most of the basic needs). An app with decent loading speed of pdf, handwriting, text inserts, highlights, and easy sync with dropbox for a pdf copy with notes readable from my computer's adobe reader will be more than awesome. I need this function everyday. Please make it happen asap~
    Absolutely, and probably every day - its one of only a few factors making me want to switch to an iPad or Android tablet.
    Yes, please! I am a graduate student, and a pdf annotating app would be extremely helpful for my work. I would use it every day. Like the poster above, my need for a pdf markup app is one of the reasons why I'm tempted to get an android system. I'd much, much rather be able to do this with the Touchpad.

Thanks for all of your work!
    i work for publishing company, big Yes for annotation, review and marginal notes
    but if it is possible add please epub format
    Last edited by mushko77; 02/04/2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: adding more
    Any news in here? Its a pitty there is no app with annotation-possibilities!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I stumbled upon this thread tonight, hoping to find some progress had been made on the development of this tool. I use PDFs in the commercial and industrial electrical power systems design world for both collaboration and the review processes of my workflow. I often bring my touchpad into meetings and presentations in order to present my design to an owner, a subcontractor or general contractor. I find it cumbersome to have to also bring along a set of drawings in order to perform redline markups that could easily be performed on a Touchpad via a PDF annotation markup tool! Please rescue our community! I believe there is a market for this tool in our community.
    This is our only webOS PDF annotation app option currently. This is a beta app. And u need to install via webos qi. Hope to hear more about updates soon

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3272181
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcompg View Post
    This is our only webOS PDF annotation app option currently. This is a beta app. And u need to install via webos qi. Hope to hear more about updates soon

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3272181
    Thank you for that!

Edit: Why is he banned?
    Edit: Why is he banned?
    2 accounts, TOS violation
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    +1 on this app. I am a grad student and read a lot of papers and lecture notes on PDF. Would love to be able to annotate them.
    thanks,
    Toby.
    would love to be able to do this for editing purposes - plus i could finally have something to combat my wife when she gloats about using goodreader on her ipad. The standard response of "but i am a man, and still able to multitask with mine" is wearing a bit thin

+1 and I'd pay good cash for this!!!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    would love to be able to do this for editing purposes - plus i could finally have something to combat my wife when she gloats about using goodreader on her iPad.
    No-one needs a gloating wife, especially one gloating over an iPad. Some developer help this man (and the rest of us) out!
    thanks,
    Toby.
    steven_farkas likes this.
    Anything further here?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Like so many others, I am a PhD student (history) who prefers not to print out PDFs (articles, scanned book sections) for class if possible. Currently I read and annotate them on my MacBook in Preview, save them in my DevonTHINK database which syncs to Box and then view them (with annotations intact) on my touchpad during class. I'd love the freedom to reverse part of that process by reading and annotating them on my touchpad and then syncing my annotations back to my database via the cloud.

Are there just a lot of academics who use webOS or is it just that mentioning PDF annotation makes us swarm? I feel like I'm officially in good company, though.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123