Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #21  
    I would definitely use it, as I review PDFs all the time and often need to make notations on them to communicate with others at work. It would be great if I could do this on my TouchPad, so I wasn't tethered to my desktop for such work. Thanks...
  2. mdrav65's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    We have completed a technical review for creating a PDF Review and Markup App for the TouchPad. Before our next meeting, we would like to get a feel for the demand that there is for such a tool. So I'll take this opportunity to ask the forum a few simple questions:

    1. Do you need a PDF Review and Markup App?
    2. If you had one, how much would you use it?

    Also, if you could explain why you need one. Like, you're a lawyer, or a contract reviewer, etc.

    Thanks in advance,
    Please, please, please!!!!! This would be the missing app for me. I work with a number of pdf files personally and professionally. Currently I use GoodReader with my iPad. After highlighting and marking up the documents I sync them up to my Box.net account, then download on my Touchpad for later use. To remove the iPad from this process would be great. If it could also include Box.net integration that would be the icing on the cake and I would be set for (my Touchpad's) life. Oh....,did I say please?

    I really hope you can make this happen!
  3. #23  
    Can you please make an app like iannotate for the ipad. That would rock. Mark up powerpoints and pdfs.
    I'm a medical student and that would make my life sooo much easier.
  4. #24  
    +1 This will be a handy app for me.
    ...failure is NOT an option!
  5. #25  
    This would be great for both me and my girlfriend. I just finished my Ph.D. and as a researcher am constantly reading and using PDFs, she's still working on her degree and has commented several times that while she loves the Touchpad I got her she wishes it had a PDF viewer where she could highlight, comment, and markup PDFs
  6. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikechmi View Post
    This would be great for both me and my girlfriend. I just finished my Ph.D. and as a researcher am constantly reading and using PDFs, she's still working on her degree and has commented several times that while she loves the Touchpad I got her she wishes it had a PDF viewer where she could highlight, comment, and markup PDFs
    Pain Hardship Despair - I remember it well.
  7. T-Pad's Avatar
    Posts
    327 Posts
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I could be wrong about this but the last time I tried the synergy - it was simply a FTP tool to access files, it wasn't caching them for off-line access?*
    I'll have to verify if this possible - I haven't yet tried to access dropbox in offline-mode.
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
  8. #28  
    The only reason i boot in to cm7 is to use the repligo pdf to annotate pdf. some feature that would be useful: highlight in different color underline, smooth rendering, READING MODE that takes all the text and formats it for the screen. and dropbox syncing.

    I'm student and i use tp to annotate pdf everyday during semester and thus i have to stay in cm7 for now. Please make this come true so i don't have too.

    agree with whats been said, too date goodreader on the ios is THE best pdf reader
  9. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by threezero View Post
    The only reason i boot in to cm7 is to use the repligo pdf to annotate pdf. some feature that would be useful: highlight in different color underline, smooth rendering, READING MODE that takes all the text and formats it for the screen. and dropbox syncing.

    I'm student and i use tp to annotate pdf everyday during semester and thus i have to stay in cm7 for now. Please make this come true so i don't have too.

    agree with whats been said, too date goodreader on the ios is THE best pdf reader
    That's interesting I have been using EzPDF in CM7 and would be looking for a WebOS alternative to offer the same level of functionality.

    BTW - all the students here should really look into using evernote to capture possible research material - it works across all platforms and I've been using it for a long-time for my own purposes and also recommending to students. BTW, students should also check out Zetero.
  10. #30  
    for me it would be the greatest app ever, the reason is always the same: student, researcher, pdf addicted, necessity to highlight and annotate and EXPORT...in poor words: goodreader, unfortunately it's available only on IOS, but it's the greatest app I've ever seen (after Stanza when I bought my first Iphone years ago...)
  11. #31  
    Waiting for this app and will buy it when it comes. In the meantime I'm using software called Xournal included in the ubuntu easyscript set up, lets one annotate.
  12. #32  
    I would love having this feature. It's one of the things I miss from my iPad.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    BTW, students should also check out Zetero.
    You mean Zotero, I think.
  14. #34  
    A PDF markup app would, for me, transform the Touchpad into a truly useful device. My purpose would be to annotate science and medicine articles.

    At the moment I'm booting into CM7 like several others in this thread for the sole purpose of PDF annotation. However, no Android app has been nearly satisfactory. In each one I've tried, one must constantly toggle back and forth between annotation and other functions like turning pages and zooming. For example, if I highlight a passage and want to turn to the next page, I must turn the highlight function off, turn to the next page, and turn the highlight function back on. Ditto for zooming, which is enormously frustrating.
  15. #35  
    Would definitely use this. Reading assignments for school are a lot easier to read on the touchpad, except I'm forced to read them on my laptop since I cannot highlight and comment on stuff for future note taking.

    I need one as a student for mostly all of my readings.
  16. laserboy's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by hopsizzle View Post
    Would definitely use this. Reading assignments for school are a lot easier to read on the touchpad, except I'm forced to read them on my laptop since I cannot highlight and comment on stuff for future note taking.

    I need one as a student for mostly all of my readings.
    I would love such a app. Use goodreader on my iPad. Its great software on a bad platform. I would rather use my touchpad.
    Last edited by laserboy; 12/08/2011 at 05:54 PM. Reason: stupid autocorrect
  17. #37  
    Please, make this app. I would be using it every day to write notes on research articles, and corrections to my phd thesis.
  18. IMF
    IMF is offline
    IMF's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #38  
    I am a grad student and would youse this app everyday to do my reading for my classes. Here are a few features that I would like to see in addition to highlight and insert comments:
    • dropbox access - I have all of my readings in my dropbox account. It would be great to be able to read and annotate them and have this all synced back to my computer
    • copy and paste text to an office doc
    • saving my current place in a document


    Good luck! I'm looking forward to using your app soon.
  19. poploser's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #39  
    i would pay for that.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    We have completed a technical review for creating a PDF Review and Markup App for the TouchPad. Before our next meeting, we would like to get a feel for the demand that there is for such a tool. So I'll take this opportunity to ask the forum a few simple questions:

    1. Do you need a PDF Review and Markup App?
    2. If you had one, how much would you use it?

    Also, if you could explain why you need one. Like, you're a lawyer, or a contract reviewer, etc.

    Thanks in advance,
    yes yes yes yes! The HP Touchpad is a great entertainment device and can be a superb productivity device with such an app. This feature will be critical for me as a student. This is a secure web download patch will make me content with my HP touchpad purchase, because as of now I am not too thrilled anymore.

    I have a lot of electronic course packets and i would love to be able to highlight and annotate. etc. Would pay as well! Thanks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions