1.    #1  
    Hello!
    I'm considering buying a Palm Pixi Plus and pairing that with my HP touchpad. I have the data anytime plan from Sprint but I need to know some things before I pull the trigger. I know that touch to share doesn't work between the Pixi Plus and the touchpad but do the other functions.

What I'm mostly concerned about is if I pair the touchpad with the pixi plus via BT, will I be able to receive calls and SMS on the touchpad? Also if I make the pixi plus a wifi spot, can the touchpad connect to it?

Sorry if this has been answered before but thanks for helping !
    Hi Sarenz,

I have a touchpad and a pixi plus on sprint (WiFi enabled from Verizon pixi plus radio board) and I must say that I am pretty happy with the way the two devices work together.

List of things that do work

-WiFi Tethering
    -Bluetooth pairing for phone calls

List of things that do not work

-sms via Bluetooth (tried a bunch of times with different settings, no success)

Not sure
    -Bluetooth Tethering (honestly no need with Wifi chip)
    -Bluetooth audio (don't really know why anyone would want to do this unless between mobile device and a quality sound system/car stereo)

I would say that the best part about having a pixi plus/touchpad is the "no B.S." tethering. It simply works. I'v heard of many android phone users complaining about tethering issues with the touchpad, though I'm not too sure if these issues have since be resolved.

As for Bluetooth phone calls over the touchpad speakerphone......It works, but who cares. the pixi speaker phone works just fine.

Hope this helps you in deciding,
    BP
    Question: If you don't have a data plan with your phone (too expensive), what other perks can you have about owning both a pixi and a Touchpad? I have a TP and I just saw that AT&T has the Pixi plus on sale at $0, but I'm not sure if that's the way I want to go. I currently have a Nokia e71x that still works great for my needs, but if pairing the Pixi with the TP could help with productivity I would seriously consider it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lita_g View Post
    Question: If you don't have a data plan with your phone (too expensive), what other perks can you have about owning both a pixi and a Touchpad? I have a TP and I just saw that AT&T has the Pixi plus on sale at $0, but I'm not sure if that's the way I want to go. I currently have a Nokia e71x that still works great for my needs, but if pairing the Pixi with the TP could help with productivity I would seriously consider it.
    If your going to ATT anyways I suggest a Veer or Pre2 from ebay (cheap and you will be off contract).

@The OP, I would say do a FrankenPre2 if you are set on staying with Sprint. If not the options mentioned above.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...