1.    #1  
    I got this damned TP for $99, and it has basically taken over my life with all the stuff it can do. I love it! But I do have a couple issues with it that are so minor I am wondering if I am just missing something:

1) I love QuickOffice because I can take notes and save them right into Google Docs. I love the little memo app because it underlines misspelled words and allows me to tap and select the correct spelling. (I don't need the spelling so much as I need to get around the difficulty of cursor-placement for editing mistakes. Placement is difficult enough so that after the many times I accidentally place the cursor 2 or 3 characters in back of what I actually need to correct, I just backspace over legitimate text to get where I want because my next try to place the cursor with my big fat finger might end up even further off from where I need it to be.) Is there any chance QuickOffice will add a Memos-type spelling adjuster? Is there a cheap, simple word processor that does do this, and also saves to Google Docs?

2) Why the heck are there so many typing conditions that do not allow copy-paste? For instance, even in the editing box I am using to type this post, my Clipboard app is not being allowed to paste text into where the cursor/insertion point sits. Shouldn't the OS override any limitations that some stupid java editing software tries to impose? I read in the Tips and Tricks section that double-tapping in the java screen can help you gain some editing abilities, but this trick seems to work much less often than it doesn't work. At any rate, in very many text-entry situations, it appears that pasting text is not an option, and this ability seems like such a fundamental computer-user's right that perhaps I have just missed something about how to correctly use my TP.

Any reality checks that anyone can provide on these matters would be welcome...
    copy paste needs to work better I agree. I've taken to keeping the clipboard open so at least I can go back to it and try again. There is a homebrew keyboard ipk that will give you a keyboard with cursors (search for the thread). You'll need to install the ipk with webos quick install and probably remember to uninstall before the next operating system update.
    I don't know what on earth you're doing with Java, as no TouchPad has Java.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I don't know what on earth you're doing with Java, as no TouchPad has Java.
    Actually I am assuming that when we are typing in these editing boxes, we are using some kind of java application. Fully prepared to admit I am wrong. But whatever it is we are using, it is somehow interfering with cut-and-paste. Bug I can't understand why an OS can't make sure that pasting is available anywhere that it is placing a cursor on its own system...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    copy paste needs to work better I agree. I've taken to keeping the clipboard open so at least I can go back to it and try again. There is a homebrew keyboard ipk that will give you a keyboard with cursors (search for the thread). You'll need to install the ipk with webos quick install and probably remember to uninstall before the next operating system update.
    Thanks for the pointer bluenote!
    I'm a little confused about what ya'all are talking about "keeping the clipboard open", and such. To paste, you select the input, hold in it briefly, and then select "Paste". Where does this not work?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by guity View Post
    Thanks for the pointer bluenote!
    You can find the link to the arrow keys thread in my sig. They work great in Memo and Quick Office but do not work in Piscal Office.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I'm a little confused about what ya'all are talking about "keeping the clipboard open", and such. To paste, you select the input, hold in it briefly, and then select "Paste". Where does this not work?
    OK, thanks for pursuing this. Now that I am testing "pasting" out more carefully on this site, I am finding it is actually working. Then, testing it out again by just pasting my login into a Microsoft Outlook login screen, it appears that previously I was not using my "Clipboard" app (in the HP app catalog) properly to paste, and that is now working as well. An example of pasting that still will not work would be to go to Los Angeles Times - California, national and world news - latimes.com and post a comment on a story. Once your cursor is in the comment editing box, you can type, but you cannot paste.

Also on the latimes site, as well as in these Precentral editing boxes, I am seeing misspelled words underlined with red dots. However, tapping the underlined words does not trigger a pop-up menu with suggested corrections for me -- does it for you?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    You can find the link to the arrow keys thread in my sig. They work great in Memo and Quick Office but do not work in Piscal Office.
    Thanks for the link Maverickz, very helpful!