1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I gave an HP TP to my grandma and she is located to a different country. Something screwed up and there was no choice but to do Doctor which I did remotely by controller her Computer. So right now, the HP touchpad is empty and I need to do some tweaks and homebrew stuff. However, my grandma is having a hard time following instructions so I need to find a way to control her TP using her computer (which I remotely access). The TP is currently connected to her PC via USB cable, that's it.

TL;DR

I need something like Splashtop but the other way around (connected via USB cable).

Thanks!
    I used to use MyMobiler on my Windows Phone. There is now a version for Android that I also use. I can only suggest that you contact the developer to see if he has any plans for WebOS.

MyMobiler | Remote Display & Input or info@MyMobiler.com

Good luck!
    skype+mirror so you can see the touchpad screen

Okay I know that wouldnt work well..but until a dev makes software...
    Only suggestion I can give you is Skype and a webcam pointed at the touchpad so that you can see what she is doing.
    I was going to say VNC, but I read that it doesnt have homebrew yet.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    You can install tweaks and homebrew using WebOS Quick Install while the tablet is connected to the computer. It is similar to Preware except it uses a wired connection while Preware works without a PC connection.
    You can find more info by selecting "Installing Homebrew Apps" from the "Apo" menu on this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by rektaboy View Post
    Hi all,

I gave an HP TP to my grandma and she is located to a different country. Something screwed up and there was no choice but to do Doctor which I did remotely by controller her Computer. So right now, the HP touchpad is empty and I need to do some tweaks and homebrew stuff. However, my grandma is having a hard time following instructions so I need to find a way to control her TP using her computer (which I remotely access). The TP is currently connected to her PC via USB cable, that's it.

TL;DR

I need something like Splashtop but the other way around (connected via USB cable).

Thanks!
    You should just remote desktop into grandma's pc (just like you did to doctor) and use WebOS Quick Install to do all the patches and tweaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajs26 View Post
    You should just remote desktop into grandma's pc (just like you did to doctor) and use WebOS Quick Install to do all the patches and tweaks.
    And use the webOS metadoctor to create a webOS doctor that has developer mode enabled already, if you think your grandma cannot do that on her own.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for your reply guys.

Wow! Me = Dummy!!

I totally forgot about WebOS quick install (which is how I installed preware).

I will do it now, basically, the only instructions that I will give my grandmother is to restart the Touchpad after installing everything.

EDIT: Oh wait, I can use novaterm to run the restart right?

EDIT 2: I still have to give her instructions on how to enable developer mode which is easy, I think.
    This is why I don't buy/give things to people I will have to support later!!!