Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Boopop
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

I am having an issue with the Images/Video app as I prepare for an interview on Monday (I'm a graphic designer) -- I'd love to show off a handful of my samples, but I can't seem to get the images to look crisp on the display. I've tried large images, images sized exactly 1024x768 at 72dpi, and still they don't look right. Oddly enough the only ones that look good came from iPad screenshots of an app I designed, yet I can't figure out why those look fine but others blur and pixelate slightly.

Anyone experience this and find a workaround?

Thanks!

Jon
    They JPG's??
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    They JPG's??
    They are JPGs, searching further I found a forum topic on here:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ientation.html

Basically, the silly photo app resaves all images to be 1024x768 horizontal, so vertical images now become shrunken and then become pixelated when displayed in vertical orientation. I'm trying now to figure out how to use SSH to hack the touchpad and fix the code, but I'm stumbling a bit. A preware fix would be nice but I couldn't find one.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I thought my photos looked a little off. I'd like a fix too!
    nrthwds likes this.
    have you tried viewing them with SmartOffice or other app?
    If you are using the 'Photos and Videos' native app to view photos, try this:
    1. Get to the USB partition any way that is convenient (hook up TP by USB)
    2. Go to the .photoApps folder.
    3. Delete the Generated folder.
    3a. Eject the TP
    3b. Start the app.
    4. After the app updates the thumbnails for the folders, go to the photo folder(s) you are interested in.
    5. Scroll through each folder and let the app generate each thumbnail. Make sure every picture has a thumbnail before scrolling to next screen.

This is a pain in the a**, but some day, I'll get into the code .
    HP -> Land Line ... Palm -> Pre2 ... HP -> TP64gb