Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By alan sh
  1.    #1  
    I'm coming from Stanza on the iPhone, which I understand that a lot of people regard as the best ereader, but I expected more from preader. Are there any other options? Having a single page view is much too large too me and preader doesn't handle two pages well at all so far in my experience.
    I'm with you. Stanza is incredible on the iPad (although who knows for how long since they've stopped support after fixing this last os5 issue), especially when combined with an online OPDS catalog. pReader is a bit of a letdown. I've found that the Kindle app + the Preware Kindle Import app works best for me now. Takes a little manual effort, but the experience is
    much better in the kindle app once you get it there.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I'm not having 2 page issues with preader (native). What errors are you getting?

alan
  4.    #4  
    I posted in the preader thread but it doesn't go to the next pages correctly. I may look into the kindle app.
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    I've not found preader to be at all satisfying to use. I definitely prefer kindle reader. Neither is close to stanza, or aikido on android.
  6.    #6  
    Wish the Kindle app would use ePub. I can't believe there aren't more options. iOS and Android are littered with them.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    You can get the Kindle to acceprt ePub. Basically use Calibre to convert to .MOBI files and then use the Sideload application (in Preware) to get it into Kindle.

I have used it (and left instructions somewhere in the topic) and it works OK.

However, if you re-register your Kindle, you'll lose them all and have to do it again. I have no issues with pReader and prefer that for my non-Kindle books.

Alan
    heather70732 likes this.
    I never really had a problem with preader, as long as I can read the book that's all that matters. Now though I boot into Android as bojangles does and use Aldiko or iReader.

All that said, if you're worrying more about page formatting than reading the book can't be that good.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steep View Post
    I never really had a problem with preader, as long as I can read the book that's all that matters. Now though I boot into Android as bojangles does and use Aldiko or iReader.

All that said, if you're worrying more about page formatting than reading the book can't be that good.
    It becomes a problem when it doesn't load the next pages and go backwards.
    I want to read ebooks I've purchased for Nook software on my Touchpad using pReader. Is this possible or do I have to remove the DRM first?