1.    #1  
    Hi I'm new and I bought a HP Touchpad when it was extremely cheap. I bought solely for the purpose of using it for school and opening word documents, powerpoints, etc. So I downloaded some word/powerpoint documents on the web browser and when I click the file on the downloads page, it says "cannot open Mime File" or something around those lines. It's pretty annoying that I cannot open these files and it kinda made me regret buying a Touchpad when I could just save for an iPad2.

I really do not wanna do all that work in the "new to HP Touchpad?" tutorial as I don't think it's neccessary and I'm not a "tech-geek" lol. So can anyone provide me how to open Microsoft files on Touchpad?

I'm this close to throwing my touchpad out the window
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyKelly2100 View Post
    Hi I'm new and I bought a HP Touchpad when it was extremely cheap. I bought solely for the purpose of using it for school and opening word documents, powerpoints, etc. So I downloaded some word/powerpoint documents on the web browser and when I click the file on the downloads page, it says "cannot open Mime File" or something around those lines. It's pretty annoying that I cannot open these files and it kinda made me regret buying a Touchpad when I could just save for an iPad2.

I really do not wanna do all that work in the "new to HP Touchpad?" tutorial as I don't think it's neccessary and I'm not a "tech-geek" lol. So can anyone provide me how to open Microsoft files on Touchpad?

I'm this close to throwing my touchpad out the window
    Quick Office & Adobe Reader update are now live!

For many of us waiting for the Quick Office update! You can now "EDIT" documents!!!

Instruction: click [Software Manager] / [XX Updates Available] / and click on Quick Office download! Enjoy

http://www.precentral.net/quickoffic...-hp-touchpad-1
    I think your problem here is actually the browser not handling the download correctly.
    buy smart office, work excell and word
    Use "save as" option, then open.. almost always fixes the issue if you have a hard time w/ a file.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbalancerguy View Post
    In my opinion, Smart Office IS a lot better than Quick Office, however I do not think office files will open in Smart Office. You do have to "save as" then open Smart Office and go fetch the file.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    In my opinion, Smart Office IS a lot better than Quick Office, however I do not think office files will open in Smart Office. You do have to "save as" then open Smart Office and go fetch the file.
    correct, It cannot be set as the default handler. Smart office has its good points and flaws.. Read the other reviews first before deciding if it's a good match..
    Last edited by stumblinh; 12/03/2011 at 07:52 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 999faz View Post
    Quick Office & Adobe Reader update are now live!

For many of us waiting for the Quick Office update! You can now "EDIT" documents!!!

Instruction: click [Software Manager] / [XX Updates Available] / and click on Quick Office download! Enjoy

http://www.precentral.net/quickoffic...-hp-touchpad-1
    I went to softwar manager, updates available, but nothing for the QuickOffice.. And i think you read my question wrong, i would like to open documents before editing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I think your problem here is actually the browser not handling the download correctly.
    Is there a solution to this? :X
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbalancerguy View Post
    I'm kinda on a budget lol

Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    Use "save as" option, then open.. almost always fixes the issue if you have a hard time w/ a file.
    Could you elaborate on that? Like how do you do it?
    tap and hold the attachment, it will give you choices.
    it was $4.99 , I think it back to $9.99
    if you throw out the Windows, throw it my way
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    tap and hold the attachment, it will give you choices.
    The only options are Open in a new card, share link, or copy URL. :S
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyKelly2100 View Post
    The only options are Open in a new card, share link, or copy URL. :S
    Where are you trying to download the files from? As grabber said before it sounds like it isn't handling the download correctly.

This has happened to me several times. One way to test is to download the same file on an actual pc then email it to yourself or add it to your box.net account. If you open it and it works this time than it is an issue with the tp & that site.