Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    No buffering problems on my desktop computer (connected via ethernet), no buffering problems on my Macbook (connected via wifi), yet my newly bought HP Touchpad seems to only manage about 10 minutes of RADIO programmes on iPlayer before it has to pause to buffer. Then 20 seconds or so later it might continue, and then the site itself gives up. Given no other computers have a problem on my network, and I've even tried uberkernel to see if what was a performance problem. Apparently not!

I'm hoping it might be something I can fix, however I fear it's something to do with the thing's wifi problems I've read about here. But even then, it's only radio programmes I'm trying to listen to so I can't see it being too taxing on it!

Any ideas?
    what is iPlayer?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    no iPlayer problems for me, but then I only watch tv shows on it...
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Are you using the "High/Norma Bandwidth" view? You could try switching to Low Bandwidth to see if you performance improves
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    what is iPlayer?
    BBC iPlayer It's the BBC's on demand service.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
    Are you using the "High/Norma Bandwidth" view? You could try switching to Low Bandwidth to see if you performance improves
    I'm trying to listen to radio programmes on iPlayer, not video. Unless they're using some sort of super high bitrate uncompressed format (somehow doubt it), this shouldn't be a problem for my touchpad. So far as I'm aware there's only one one bitrate available for radio streams, because, and rightly so, the BBC assumes the vast majority of internet connections and computers can handle a simple audio stream. But not my Touchpad! =/ *scratches head*

I so far haven't used iPlayer on my TP to watch video, as if there's something I'd like to watch I usually do it the justice of watching it on a larger screen. However for radio programmes (mainly Radio 4 comedy I've been trying to listen to) it's perfect. Or at least it would be if it wouldn't stop working half way through every single radio programme I've tried listening to so far =/
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Well, when I say that the iPlayer works perfectly, it does sometimes fail to bring up the flash player when I click on a show, and usually a catapult-close of the browser fixes that. But right after I posted how iPlayer works great for me, the flash player didn't open and only a device restart fixed it!

Anyway, since then i've watched a couple of TV shows, and listened to an episode of The Now Show, without any problems at all.

It might be worth trying it at a friends house, because it could just be that your touchpad and your wifi router don't get along. Its not uncommon for some devices (not just webOS ones) to have compatibility problems with certain routers.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Quote Originally Posted by Boopop View Post
    BBC iPlayer It's the BBC's on demand service.

EDIT:

I'm trying to listen to radio programmes on iPlayer, not video. Unless they're using some sort of super high bitrate uncompressed format (somehow doubt it), this shouldn't be a problem for my touchpad. So far as I'm aware there's only one one bitrate available for radio streams, because, and rightly so, the BBC assumes the vast majority of internet connections and computers can handle a simple audio stream. But not my Touchpad! =/ *scratches head*

I so far haven't used iPlayer on my TP to watch video, as if there's something I'd like to watch I usually do it the justice of watching it on a larger screen. However for radio programmes (mainly Radio 4 comedy I've been trying to listen to) it's perfect. Or at least it would be if it wouldn't stop working half way through every single radio programme I've tried listening to so far =/
    You could try the Reciva radio app, that has the BBC iPlayer radio content. It also works when the screen is off (which the flash player doesn't and is probably the cause of your problem as the screen saver kicks in)