Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By paulmanta
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I have been having some troubles with my 32G HPTP for a while, I have done a bit of a search on the 4 problems I am having but have not really found a resolution to them that I can understand properly.

Most of these hassles came after the TP did an update to the latest OS.

Problem 1:

The sound goes crappy sometimes, kind of crackly and tinny, it can mute itself completely to for no reason. i looked through the forums here and found that you can restart and it will reset but this seems like a massive faff ! Has this issue been sorted out by HP yet ?

Problem 2:

If I down load anything i get a message that says something like "MIME Error" that comes up, and I can't open the PDF or whatever.

Problem 3:

Battery life, This has gone from excellent to poor, I could charge it once a week before the update but now it is once a day even if it is just left on standby.

Problem 4:

The Wifi fails every time I put the TP on standby, I wake the TP up and click the globe but the loading bar hangs at about an inch and you can go no further. To make it work I have to swipe the tile off the screen and click the top right corner, turn Wifi off and then back on again, then click the globe and all will be well until the TP sleeps itself because I have gone to make a cup of tea or I stand it by and go back to it later, then I have to repeat the "off/on wifi faff"

Problem 5:

How do I unmount the TP from my laptop without getting the Ow thiat hurt message ? I always go to the "unmount TP" icon and click it on the laptop, i then get the "it is safe to remove device" message but when I unplug the USB it still moans at me.

As a bit of background my TP has not been modded or fiddled with in any way, i only have whatever was installed on it from new plus a couple of free puzzle apps, there is a bit of music i put on it but I have done sod all to it really. I mostly surf the net on it.
    Last edited by paulmanta; 12/03/2011 at 07:28 AM.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    some others have had similar issues with the 3.04 update. Supposedly 3.05 update will be out soon. Hopefully issues will be resolved
    To unmount your tp from your pc, in windows explorer, right click the drive letter representing your tp and click 'eject'.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by chicle View Post
    To unmount your tp from your pc, in windows explorer, right click the drive letter representing your tp and click 'eject'.
    Ahh, ok, so don't go from the little box in the bottom right but go into the "computer" section and kick out the TP from the list of other stuff like DVD drive and the like ?

Edit: Oh yes, Great.

One problem down, 4 to go...
    the1bobcat likes this.
    Problem 4: Go to wifi, swipe down top left corner, settings, turn wifi always on.

I used to have the sound issue as well. It was suggested to do a webOs 3.04 doctor (by HP). That has fixed it for me
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by the1bobcat View Post
    Problem 4: Go to wifi, swipe down top left corner, settings, turn wifi always on.

I used to have the sound issue as well. It was suggested to do a webOs 3.04 doctor (by HP). That has fixed it for me
    I have this selected already it seems, I did notice it is WEP, and I read earlier that something else works better but I can't remember what I read or where it was !
    I had issues similiar to 1,2,3 when I let the software do the OS update OTA. Drove me nuts for a couple of weeks. Then I did a fresh flash with the doctor and the problems went away.

I can't speak to #4. I still have massive wifi disconnect issues, despite trying everying - but I think that's a situation that must be unique to my environment and hardware, and have given up. My current coping mechanism was to buy a seperate wireless router just for my tablet, so I could power cycle it without effecting my other wireless devices (including pre's).
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -