Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
  1.    #1  
    HP TouchPad Go 7in. 3G wifi 32G

Starting bid is $700. Seller's username has zero feedback, but the pic is one I haven't seen before and his English is broken enough that I figure he must be in Taiwan, where these things are made (right?).

Who's going to be the brave one?

EDIT: here's the full post I made over at The Verge:

Elusive "TouchPad Go" Surfaces on eBay, Teases Masses with 7" webOS | The Verge Forums
    Last edited by VCI_Cell; 12/03/2011 at 07:27 AM.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Good spot. You're right, his @sina email indicates its an asian email at least, item location is "china". He seems to have used paint to cover up some marks, probably "HP: Not for resale" printing
    Who will be the brave one indeed?
  3.    #3  
    I don't believe the seller at all.

0 track record. rare item. $700. China .... too risky
    dignitary and Rnp like this.
    There have been more than 5000 actually made, it's not a "unique" device, I think that sooner or later you will fine more of them. I have 3 pieces, but reluctant to sell them since the serials are logged
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post

0 track record means this guy is not a reseller. There are not many tp GOs in this world, correct? What is the chance of someone who sells a lot of things on ebay and also has access to tp GO?

$700 is too much for a tablet that looks ugly to me though. This is probably not legal anyways.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by henri_p View Post
    There have been more than 5000 actually made, it's not a "unique" device, I think that sooner or later you will fine more of them. I have 3 pieces, but reluctant to sell them since the serials are logged
    [Edited - frayed nerves]
    Last edited by VCI_Cell; 12/03/2011 at 11:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    not really exciting at all.
    guy has zero feedback. China. You might as well kiss your money goodbye if you are foolish enough to bid.
    at worst you won't get anything, at best probably some worthless chinese knockoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post

Guys for real. He just hasn't sold on eBay before. This one's pictures have been shown on the net before. Check out September's PalmJoy postings. Didn't have the slight damage under the USB port back then. Yes, he scribbled out where it states "No Warranty" on the ebay picture.

A couple of weeks ago I put the word out on a few boards that I wanted one. He contacted me via email. Said he was first going to try to sell it to precentral for $700 and if they didn't want it, I could have it for $650

I offered him $750 to sell it to me right then and there. He never returned my email. Blew me off. Guess he thinks he can get more on eBay.

I just placed opening bid. Let's see where this goes....... No risk really. Purchase will be covered by PayPal buyer protection.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    redsalmon and The Bard like this.
    Are you guys really gonna pay 700 Us for that thing?????? djee...

How about a touchpad go with original Android from HP, not quallcom .. give me another tablet in return and you have it ;-)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Guys for real. He just hasn't sold on eBay before. This one's pictures have been shown on the net before. Check out September's PalmJoy postings. Didn't have the slight damage under the USB port back then. Yes, he scribbled out where it states "No Warranty" on the ebay picture.

A couple of weeks ago I put the word out on a few boards that I wanted one. He contacted me via email. Said he was first going to try to sell it to precentral for $700 and if they didn't want it, I could have it for $650

I offered him $750 to sell it to me right then and there. He never returned my email. Blew me off. Guess he thinks he can get more on eBay.

I just placed opening bid. Let's see where this goes....... No risk really. Purchase will be covered by PayPal buyer protection.
    Thanks for the additional info, Barry! I've got the Palmjoy post translating now but it's taking a while, for some reason. Can you say how you're able to verify that this TPG is the same one the seller was offering you and P|C in September? Is one of the photos the same?

I agree with you - let PayPal handle it if there's an issue. There days on eBay, there's a very low risk of shenanigans, from a buyer's perspective.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Added to my watch list, I wanna see how much this goes for.

His lack of feedback is a concern yes, but he seems to be a genuine online presence at sina Google Translate

Edit: I did not see Top's post as I was reading the guys blog while posting
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Thanks for the additional info, Barry! I've got the Palmjoy post translating now but it's taking a while, for some reason. Can you say how you're able to verify that this TPG is the same one the seller was offering you and P|C in September? Is one of the photos the same?

I agree with you - let PayPal handle it if there's an issue. There days on eBay, there's a very low risk of shenanigans, from a buyer's perspective.
    His picture along with pics of the TP GO are on sina and PalmJoy. He didn't offer it to P|C or me back in September. The email dialogue with him I referenced was just a week ago.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Are you guys really gonna pay 700 Us for that thing?????? djee...

How about a touchpad go with original Android from HP, not quallcom .. give me another tablet in return and you have it ;-)
    Not interested if it doesn't have the Qualcomm chipset. Won't be able to load webOS 3.0.4 on it.
    If you're willing to part with one that does have the Qualcomm chipset and is preloaded with webOS, then we can discuss it via PM.
    folks
    rather than bidding agnst each other and thus giving more to seller, I suggest you band together and get it for webos internals--in this way it has a chance yo help the whole community
    It has the qualcomm chipset, totally same as the other ones but i can't figure out how to connect via novacom, ADB on the other hand works
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    folks
    rather than bidding agnst each other and thus giving more to seller, I suggest you band together and get it for webos internals--in this way it has a chance yo help the whole community
    Last I heard, henri_p was giving one of his three TP GO's to Rod.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Last I heard, henri_p was giving one of his three TP GO's to Rod.

hmmm.... ok, PM me how to get it shipped
  19.    #19  
    hmmm.... ok, PM me how to get it shipped
    Maybe answer my PM while you're at it.
  20.    #20  
    We're having a perfectly polite conversation via PM, but you're right; I overreacted.

Apologies, henri_p. This is what staying up all night does to the nerves.

Thanks for pointing it out, independent1. A little check-in never hurts.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast