Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 73
Like Tree31Likes
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by henri_p View Post
    it is ps.qa.palm.com
    That's for the SDK profile servers at Palm, not the production servers. Development builds use those by default. You will only see some of the apps, the ones HP Palm for whatever reason wanted to test out on the development builds, and yes you can purchase them too. You don't have access to all of the apps available on the production profile servers though.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  2. #42  
    Do you think paypal protection would really cover you? I have found quite often that paypal sides with the seller so you never get your money back

    A common trick with China listings is that you pay for the goods, they parcel up something take photos of the parcel with full tracking info and you do recieve a parcel but it isnt what you bought

    Happened to my brother the guy with 20,000+ feedback sent him a 4gb microsd card not the goods he had ordered

    Its way too dodgy.

    If this guy offered you the TP Go for 700 on here and you refused saying you would buy it for 650 and he refused. doesnt sort of make sense that he would have put it on ebay hoping for 700 as he would lose a lot in fees

    I think your right if it did sell for 1500 then there will be a large influx of them appear on ebay until HP shut them all down
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    Do you think paypal protection would really cover you? I have found quite often that paypal sides with the seller so you never get your money back

    A common trick with China listings is that you pay for the goods, they parcel up something take photos of the parcel with full tracking info and you do recieve a parcel but it isnt what you bought

    Happened to my brother the guy with 20,000+ feedback sent him a 4gb microsd card not the goods he had ordered

    Its way too dodgy.

    If this guy offered you the TP Go for 700 on here and you refused saying you would buy it for 650 and he refused. doesnt sort of make sense that he would have put it on ebay hoping for 700 as he would lose a lot in fees

    I think your right if it did sell for 1500 then there will be a large influx of them appear on ebay until HP shut them all down
    I'm done talking with him..
    <<deleted by staff>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/08/2011 at 02:28 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  4. #44  
    Interesting, my chinese is a little rusty though LOL. Where did they originate ? do we know. ie where they only given to HP employees with strict NDA's or has a factory manufactured a batch of them and released them into the public domain ?
  5. #45  
    maybe they raided an HP warehouse commando-style but no major media outlet covered it since its not Apple nor Android related.
    /joke
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    boovish likes this.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    Interesting, my chinese is a little rusty though LOL. Where did they originate ? do we know. ie where they only given to HP employees with strict NDA's or has a factory manufactured a batch of them and released them into the public domain ?
    Google Translate is our friend. There a lot of message boards there, some are private for members only. I think what we are looking for may be listed in one of the private members only boards ..... I might try to join, using an extra email address I have lying around.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  7. #47  
    <deleted by staff>

    i'm a native chinese speaker and can read both traditional and simplify chinese perfectly. This is a very interesting site you have here. I'm going to investigate further see if I can dig anything up.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/08/2011 at 02:29 PM.
  8.    #48  
    A helpful someone has sent me an anonymous tip.

    Looks like the TouchPadGO (in the form of another device, it seems) is back up for sale on eBay.ca. Here's the link.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/08/2011 at 02:32 PM.
    webOS user since 20090606.
  9. #49  
    really, the ridiculous price this item will fetch isn't enough for the seller, he has to overcharge for shipping ($90!) too?
    VCI_Cell likes this.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    really, the ridiculous price this item will fetch isn't enough for the seller, he has to overcharge for shipping ($90!) too?
    Maybe there is extra Security Insurance on it?

    See how long this one stays up on eBay!
    I suppose if anyone can pull a few strings to get it removed.. Whitman can!

  11. #51  
    typical noob mistake. Setting the max bid time too high to try to get max payout. Just leaves him more exposed to the listing getting removed. If desperate just make it buy it now and set a crazy price, someone will buy it.
    Vistaus likes this.
  12. #52  
    I encourage everyone to just report these items. Let them have it.
  13. #53  
    by the way, I was at church tonight for my daughter's christmas program, and saw a kid playing angry birds on a 7" android tablet of some sort. the size was just oh-so-perfect, and I dreamed a little dream of a TouchPad Go in my hands by now if Apotheker hadn't... well... apothekered it up.
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 12/08/2011 at 01:47 AM.
    Vistaus likes this.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I encourage everyone to just report these items. Let them have it.
    I reported it as well as "services" claiming to give you Android for the Touchpad for a price.
    Terms include payment then they'll send you a temporary link for you to download their Android, which we all know is CM7, and thats it. You're just paying for the download.
  15. Kimboo's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    A helpful someone has sent me an anonymous tip.

    Looks like the TouchPadGO (in the form of another device, it seems) is back up for sale on eBay.ca. Here's the link.
    I really, REALLY want a TouchPad Go, but not with the flaws this one has. Scratches on the side? Yellow tint on the screen? Missing speaker grill? - Nah, no thanks... Unfortunatly
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/08/2011 at 02:33 PM.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimboo View Post
    I really, REALLY want a TouchPad Go, but not with the flaws this one has. Scratches on the side? Yellow tint on the screen? Missing speaker grill? - Nah, no thanks... Unfortunatly
    Beggars can't be choosers?

    I mean if it was 'loose motherboard'.. 'dry solder joints'.. 'only top 70% of cracked screen working' and 'no audio', then leave it WELL alone!

    NOT 'scratches'.. Oh NO!
    Just sounds like any other well used 2nd hand bit of tech!

    Sure.. there will be better ones.. interesting to see what the final bids on this one are though. It seems fairly well 'hidden'.. in the 10-inch Wifi only listings?

    EDIT: 'Gone' now anyway. Exactly 'where'.. I don't know!
    "This listing (250948968000) has been removed, or this item is not available."

    Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/08/2011 at 06:48 PM.
    Vistaus likes this.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Beggars can't be choosers?

    I mean if it was 'loose motherboard'.. 'dry solder joints'.. 'only top 70% of cracked screen working' and 'no audio', then leave it WELL alone!

    NOT 'scratches'.. Oh NO!
    Just sounds like any other well used 2nd hand bit of tech!

    Sure.. there will be better ones.. interesting to see what the final bids on this one are though. It seems fairly well 'hidden'.. in the 10-inch Wifi only listings?

    EDIT: 'Gone' now anyway. Exactly 'where'.. I don't know!
    "This listing (250948968000) has been removed, or this item is not available."

    - I'm fortunate enough to know exactly where that device is

    - It's actually in very good shape.

    - The scratches on the side of the case were not deep. A little elbow grease rubbed them out. The case is smooth and looks shiny now. There is one tiny crack in the plastic, oh well, I've seen 9.7" production TP WiFi devices with more cracks. Such is life ...

    - The yellow tint supposedly visible on white screens, isn't. The default brightness was set quite low. Adjusted the brightness, white balance looks fine now.

    - Missing speaker grille - I happen to have spare parts lying around. This was an easy fix!

    - The device had already been whitelisted on the dev profile servers (ps.qa.palm.com) so that's where the profile I created on first use ended up. I'd really like to get it onto the prod profile servers (ps.palmws.com), but every time I try, it results in those same errors "aboutblank" previously reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    At a minimum, I expect I will be able publish a meta-doctor script which uses the leaked opal .tar files (I won't be redistributing those myself of course), and make the TouchPad Go masquerade as a normal Wifi or 3G TouchPad to the app catalog so you can log in with your normal profile and purchase touchpad apps.

    I would then add support for it to Impostah's chameleonic abilities too.

    -- Rod
    Rod,
    Have you been able to put together a meta-doctor script based on the AT&T TP 4G 3.0.4 production doctor for these (TP GO 3G's) yet?

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 12/14/2011 at 11:50 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Kimboo likes this.
  18. #58  
    bravo TTB, what was the final pricing of your TP Go?
  19. #59  
    Barry's like the shower drain of webOS. If anything of value gets lost, it'll eventually find its way to him.
  20. #60  
    TTB.. Haha! Good score mate! I thought as much!

    Yeah.. and whose fussed about a few scratches on such a rarity.. I certainly wouldn't be!

    Happy Now?

    OK.. PM me when your ready to part with it because you've just scored another 20 brand new Go's from China somewhere!.. "1st dibs".. Thanks for polishing it up for me too!

    Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/14/2011 at 12:14 PM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions