Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    Interesting that the plastic of the 7" case appears to be equally 'brittle' to that of the 10"!!

should we tip precentral or verge to buy it? I wish they had bought the new touchstone w audio dock and reviewed it.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    should we tip precentral or verge to buy it? I wish they had bought the new touchstone w audio dock and reviewed it.
    But then you'd have PreC/Verge bidding against TTB.. (whose 'interests' presumably lie with PreC. anway).. for it !
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/03/2011 at 02:14 PM.
    Guys -- please remember that this is not the Marketplace Forum. Any sales or trade discussions should not be appearing in this thread. Please take them offline.
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles21 View Post
    How is a device that isn't in production help the community? Are you referring to the 5 people that bought one of these?
    webOS Internals can investigate the device. In the past, they have tended to find some verrry interesting things when they look at the newer devices--and many times, these findings have been helpful with current devices.
    Mutoidi and Cantaffordit like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    webOS Internals can investigate the device. In the past, they have tended to find some verrry interesting things when they look at the newer devices--and many times, these findings have been helpful with current devices.
    And also may well end up helping 'Doctor' any one of up to 5000 rumoured others, who may get 'stuck' with their 'Go's' jammed in OFF mode etc etc.

Hhmmm.. now if only I could just pop a SIM card in..

wow, the bid is up to $1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    With 6 days to 'GO' ! 'WhoCANaffordit?'
    i think i just drooled all over my peed my pants
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    With 6 days to 'GO' ! 'WhoCANaffordit?'
    looks like I may be out of the running

im not going to post a higher bid

thats crazy
    thought 1500 would keep the ebay snipers at bay. boy was i wrong
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post

I doubt Derek will pay $1500. You can feel free to check with The Verge. Maybe They're the new high bidder anyways Not all of us have deep pockets.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 12/03/2011 at 09:10 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    You guys know whats going to happen next don't you?

Once every tom **** harry and sally who has a TP GO sees this one sold for upwards of $1500 there will be a ton of them popping up on ebay. That's if there really are 5000 of them out there .....

Btw I'm asking Meg Whtman if she will sell me her's.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by henri_p View Post
    hmmm.... ok, PM me how to get it shipped
    PM'd.

At a minimum, I expect I will be able publish a meta-doctor script which uses the leaked opal .tar files (I won't be redistributing those myself of course), and make the TouchPad Go masquerade as a normal Wifi or 3G TouchPad to the app catalog so you can log in with your normal profile and purchase touchpad apps.

I would then add support for it to Impostah's chameleonic abilities too.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Someone had buyers remorse, the winning bid is only $1185 for it now.

That's still to much, but likely high enough to spur other TPGO owners to sell theirs.
    This listing 330651963819 has been removed, or this item is not available.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    PM'd.

At a minimum, I expect I will be able publish a meta-doctor script which uses the leaked opal .tar files (I won't be redistributing those myself of course), and make the TouchPad Go masquerade as a normal Wifi or 3G TouchPad to the app catalog so you can log in with your normal profile and purchase touchpad apps.

I would then add support for it to Impostah's chameleonic abilities too.

-- Rod
    App catalog is working fine on one, I even could make a webos account for it, does that help?
    Quote Originally Posted by henri_p View Post
    App catalog is working fine on one, I even could make a webos account for it, does that help?
    What is the value of Location Host in the device profile screen in Impostah?

I suspect it's not the usual "ps.palmws.com" on that device.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What is the value of Location Host in the device profile screen in Impostah?

I suspect it's not the usual "ps.palmws.com" on that device.

-- Rod
    it is ps.qa.palm.com
    OK, that's different from the production server where normal profiles are kept. So any purchases on production devices would not carry over to that account.

Once I get my hands on one, I can work out how to change it's tokens to make it possible to log into your normal production profile on the ps.palmws.com with it and access any paid apps you have on your normal profile.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    This listing 330651963819 has been removed, or this item is not available.
    Yup. HP may have swooped down on this ...

I was a bidder so ebay sent me an email notification:
    Dear barry,

We're writing to let you know that this listing for an item you won or bid on is no longer available:
    330651963819 - HP TouchPad Go 7in. 3G wifi 32G
    We understand this may be disappointing, but occasionally we need to remove listings.
    In this case, the listing was removed because the copyright or trademark owner of this product reported that the item may be counterfeit.

Let's see if the guy blows off my private email reply now that he can't sell it on ebay.

EDIT: Addendum: the guy has been exchanging email with me since I posted the above post earlier. He is one cocky <deleted by staff>. How in the world did he get a hold of one of these TP GO's? I doubt he could have ever worked for HP.

He's claiming he will be able to put it on eBay again and now thinks he will get $1500 USD for it. He has a "dream camera" he want's to purchase in mind.

I responded telling him his credibility seems to be diminishing fast adding: "Good luck putting it on ebay again to sell it. I think HP will find a way to have the authorities knocking down your door if you do. Curious, Will they allow you to use that dream camera of yours while you are in custody?"
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/08/2011 at 02:27 PM. Reason: posting around language filters
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast