1.    #1  
    The title says it all really, just wondering if anybody else has had this problem or if it's just me. I just updated the F4 kernel from Preware, as it said an update was available. Following the required reboot, I was going to let it boot up into Android to play around for a bit. It showed the Cyanogen loading screen, but after a few seconds, rebooted and got back to the OS selection screen. Again I chose Cyanogen, and again the same thing; it shows the screen saying loading, then reboots. Do I need to redo the 'Droid install, a repair install, whatever? This is the first kernel update I've done since installing Cyanogen, so I'm not sure if this is a normal occurrence or not.

BJJB
    Got F4 + CM7 A3 installed (+ 'CyBoot' from Preware in webOS 3.0.4) & 'Moboot'. Have also just updated F4, but find no probs.. with both OS's apparently booting fine either way. (I did just re-set the timeout in 'CyBoot' though).

Latest 'Moboot'?

Try another full device shutdown/start in webOS.. and maybe re-save your new F4 Profile in 'Govnah'?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/02/2011 at 07:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    In order for the update to take effect, you have to reboot to webos first, then shutdown and reboot to Android. If it keeps cycling to the selection screen, select webos, then make sure it has the updated kernel. Once you're sure you have it. Go to device info and restart to android.
    Quote Originally Posted by joos519 View Post
    In order for the update to take effect, you have to reboot to webos first, then shutdown and reboot to Android.
    WebOS should have asked for a Device Restart after the F4 Update was installed.. yes.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    WebOS should have asked for a Device Restart after the F4 Update was installed.. yes.

It should have, if not he should manually do it. It won't take effect until it reboots to Webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by joos519 View Post
    It should have, if not he should manually do it. It won't take effect until it reboots to Webos.
    "Affirmative!"

I was going back and forth with kernels and 1 of them screwed up my Android installation. But then I just uninstalled Android since I don't use it anyways. Only reason I noticed was because it defaulted to the Android installation and noticed the tablet restarted. I confirmed that it had gone bad and just removed it altogether.

It's very possible that it was F4 also.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Not to hijack this, since it seems over, but since I dont have my tab yet, I can't dig into the boot process yet. Do webos and cm share the same kernel, or does moboot pass off to whichever one you select from it?

D
    Passes it off, boots Android by default.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsb9938 View Post
    Not to hijack this, since it seems over, but since I dont have my tab yet, I can't dig into the boot process yet. Do webos and cm share the same kernel, or does moboot pass off to whichever one you select from it?

D
    Well, the OP 'BJJB' has certainly gone quiet..
    Hopefully that's a good sign!

Seperate Kernels.. but I believe CM7 is Palm-based & also now tweaked/OC'd to 1.5Ghz?

Good luck for when you get yours.

They are entirely different kernels. Just like if you were to dual boot MacOs and Windows (in case you're familiar with that).

So they're completely independent of each other other than they share the same device and storage. Moboot allows you to choose which one you want to use, so it is used to "pass off" to the one you select.

edit: typed too slow.
  12.    #12  
    I just did a complete shutdown, restarted to webOS, verified that the 3.0.4-89 F4 kernel was installed. Rebooted, chose Cyanogen from the selection menu, still get the same reboot loop. Moboot version showing is 0.3.3, though I see from the website that 0.3.5 is the most recent one. Can I update Moboot on it's own, or should I just say screw it and uninstall/reinstall Droid from scratch?

BJJB
  13.    #13  
    Well ultimately I just said screw it, downloaded the Alpha 3 files, and reinstalled. Interestingly, it seems to have kept all my apps that I had installed already. Not that I had much installed on it, but was expecting it wipe everything.

Thanks to everybody here for their tips & suggestions

BJJB
    Maybe Moboot 'freaked'? (0.3.5 seems to be for those who wish to run Arch Linux ARM on their TP's).
    Installing 'CyBoot' in webOS may 'assist' in preventing further loops too?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/03/2011 at 12:40 PM.