Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By marquezr22
  1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    From the article:
    ... prosecutors in Norfolk are to be given 35 Hewlett-Packard tablets worth up to 1,000 each in preparation for the rollout.
    EBay prices aren't that high yet...

Maybe HP will bring back WebOS devices if they can get a contract with the British government?

Or maybe the reporter is confused, and they are using Windows tablets...

On another read, I noticed the only mention of the TouchPad was the caption of the picture:
    A TouchPad made by Hewlett-Packard, which will supply the tablet computers used by judges, jurors and lawyers.
    So it doesn't say they are getting TouchPads, it says they are getting tablets from HP, who also happened to have made the TouchPad.
    For the record, even though I joined in August, I joined before the fire sale. :P
    yes, I'm sure they're talking about HP Slate windows tablets.
  4.    #4  
    Oh come on now be positive. Meg might want to keep it around for a while. We can hope can't we?
    There are probably a spare 35 TP's lurking somewhere.. but NOT @ $1000 ea!

Many in the 'public realm' now associate 'HP Tablet' with 'HP Touchpad'.

'Slates'

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    There are probably a spare 35 TP's lurking somewhere.. but NOT @ $1000 ea!

Many in the 'public realm' now associate 'HP Tablet' with 'HP Touchpad'.

'Slates'

Probably... At least they aren't calling them "tabs." Shortening tablet to tab sounds about as stupid as I thought the name iPad sounded when it was announced :P
    For the record, even though I joined in August, I joined before the fire sale. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    Oh come on now be positive. Meg might want to keep it around for a while. We can hope can't we?
    If it's one thing about the webOS saga you should know, it's that positivity and facts aren't mutually inclusive of one another. The reality hardly ever reflects hope.
    The price is that high because its the government buying them. Plus, I'd imagine there will need to be an app written for them to handle the courts docket. That might be included in the price.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhnozoaa View Post
    From the article:

EBay prices aren't that high yet...
    Well if this is being bought with tax payers money, they can put any number they want on the invoices. Lol
    "Tablet Computers" doesnt automatically mean Touchpads/webOS unfortunatly.
    The picture definitely shows a touchpad. However; before tablets became the craze of now, laptops with reversible touch screens were called tablets. And then there's the graphic tablets like Wacom tablets.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Updated: UK courtrooms using HP tablets to go paperless | The Verge

This has been corrected to remove references to the Touchpad, evidently:

Update: This story originally claimed that the Crown Prosecution Service would be using HP TouchPads. We've since learned that while HP is the hardware vendor, they will not be using TouchPads. Given HP's current product lineup, they'll likely be Windows 7 tablets. Thanks to our commenters for letting us know of this error.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    yes, I'm sure they're talking about HP Slate windows tablets.
    The Slate has the worst battery life of all the tablets out there (at least on the high-end side). I don't think judges are waiting for a tablet with such dramatic battery life.