Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I just bought a used TP from an acquaintance. I don't know what version of webos will be coming on it, but I do know he installed CM on it as well. I have been lurking around here for a few days searching and reading. I found a lot of good info, and have downloaded a lot of tools. I have not however found a definitive "how to" to restore everything to stock and reset it.

I read over on the android forums that I can use the uninstaller to remove CM, and I have that donwloaded. My question is, once I do that, how do I reset the tab?

I want to have it start from scratch. I called HP and I know I have to use an alternate profile when I connect it to them because it registers. Will this be permanent, or will I have to do it every time?

Anyway, I guess the main question is, is there a "how to start clean if you bought a used tp" thread or giude anywhere?

Thanks guys. Looks like a good community here. Glad I bought the thing, even if I don't have it yet.

D
    Yes, 'Remove Android' available from 'Preware' should uninstall CM7.

I think you'll find this is a really good webOS 'start' anyway:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

Enjoy!

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I think you'll find this is a really good 'start':

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

Enjoy!

All over that, but I didn't see anything that addresses a used device.

I think I've found all sorts of great beginner info, which I am very happy about. Just nothing about wiping out and resetting a used pad.

Thanks though!

D
    Quote Originally Posted by dsb9938 View Post
    All over that, but I didn't see anything that addresses a used device.

I think I've found all sorts of great beginner info, which I am very happy about. Just nothing about wiping out and resetting a used pad.

Thanks though!

D
    Good! Well, there are also 'Full Secure Erase' + other options within webOS.

Device Info-->Reset Options--> * * * *

You can also access/remove 'media' files via USB-->PC/Mac too of course.

'Doctoring' will replace/upgrade the entire OS with a fresh version (3.0.4?).

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I would doctor it. That'll put a fresh webos on it and will erase everything. Just like if you bought it brand new.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcpetrs View Post
    I would doctor it. That'll put a fresh webos on it and will erase everything. Just like if you bought it brand new.
    Will that get rid of CM too, or do I still need to do the uninstall first?

D
    Quote Originally Posted by jcpetrs View Post
    No, it will only replace webOS.. nor will it wipe any 'media' (Pics Docs etc) that may already be there.

You need to uninstall CM7 either through it's own 'UNinstall' methods or through Preware's 'Remove Android' patch.

By Doctoring you will usually also be asked to create a new Account.. to which any HP Apps you then download will also be linked/backed up.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/02/2011 at 02:07 PM.