1.    #1  
    I have tweeks and numerous other apps..but can we make this go away when docked on touchstone?! Its really annoying....
    I think you have to physically hit the turn off button everytime.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Maybe you should go into your Exhibition settings, find some apps that you like, enable them, and give it a try ..

Or there's an app in the catalog that just draws an all black screen, and runs in Exhibition.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Or there's an app in the catalog that just draws an all black screen, and runs in Exhibition.
    Better (at least for the screen) would be an app which switches the screen off.
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    Better (at least for the screen) would be an app which switches the screen off.
    Is this really that difficult

Can no one write a simple application that:
    says "charging" , generates an audible noise then switches off the screen ?

I have seen loads of requests for this. I just want to park my Touchpad (in its case) on the Touchstone with the screen off and not have to hit the off switch every time.
    did you look in predate?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    Is this really that difficult

Can no one write a simple application that:
    says "charging" , generates an audible noise then switches off the screen ?

I have seen loads of requests for this. I just want to park my Touchpad (in its case) on the Touchstone with the screen off and not have to hit the off switch every time.
    exactly...would love just to dock and "charge"..
    No, due to the security system in place, regular apps can't turn the screen off. It -may- be possible for someone to achieve that in Preware, but there may not be any way to connect anything to the default screen off thing, because it's not built for apps to be able to do it.

Imagine the havoc someone could create if they could turn your display off at will. Setup some kind of auto-start app, which shuts your display off, monitors it's status, and keeps turning it off . . .
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you look in predate?
    Auto correct? Guessing preware...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    did you look in predate?
    I couldnt find anything in preware
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    did you look in predate?
    Lol
    predate? lol, what is that, a online dating app for the palm pre?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    removed due to incorrect info.

Twack
    Last edited by twack; 01/03/2012 at 02:11 PM.
    @TWack, Thanks for the tip. I hope this doesn't mess up anything while charging on the touchstone because the icon on the touchstone package specifically has the left orientation crossed out.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    your right. It won't charge that way. I will edit my response above.