1.    #1  
    The last post about this was 6+ years ago, and I couldn't find anything, so I thought i'd ask if anyone knew. I want some thing to make pretty designs on my touchpad while music is playing. I hear the graphics processor is rather capable on these, so I would think someone did it. Any ideas?
    No apps do this in webOS. It could be done by developing an app using the native PDK, but nobody has.

I asked them about adding in Audio Data API support (a proposed HTML5 extension of the Audio API) for SDK developers to allow rapid development of these types of apps, but they said they have no plans to do it.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info, bummer though.
    Thought: The audio recording functions have some sort of VU Data capability, I have no idea how it works, other than that I pointed someone looking for VU Data info from recording to the "splMeter" app, and that they were able to look at that and get it operating. Perhaps one could setup recording to get the data, and do that.

The enyo.MediaCapture component has a onVuData event . . . .
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    You're talking about capture; the user wants that data on playback.

The data exists (it's the audio file itself) but there's nothing to surface it to the client, hence my request for webOS to integrate the webkit nightlies that include their early implementation of the HTML5 Audio Data API. That would expose the raw audio data to the client and allow manipulation in some seriously awesome ways, but it's not going to happen.

Firefox 5+ has it integrated; check out some of the examples online using Mozilla's own implementation. Seriously nice.
    Not exactly. Yes, I was talking about the MediaCapture, for recording - but what do you get if you turn on recording, while you're playing? Of course, if that worked, then it would also react to external noise, too. So, you're probably best off doing this with some kind of native plugin. But, it might be interesting to see what happens.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    That'd suck down so much battery it'd be ludicrous and the sound degradation of the microphone picking up what the speaker is blasting would produce a suboptimal data source. And I don't think the sound hardware is full-duplex, either.