1.    #1  
    Hello all,
    I am a small business owner and recently purchased a 16g TouchPad, threw Preware, and all the goodies on it thanks to this site.
    My question is, is there a POS software app that will allow me to conduct retail sales through it, like the iPuke has?!
    There are solutions for this for the TouchPad. Our company has one which uses the browser as a virtual terminal, but without the card swiper attachment at the moment (HP kinda killed that development incentive). PM me if you want info.
  3.    #3  
    Besides his program(which is great) is there any apps out there that mimic a POS screen? Ive seen a few tablets(Android&Apple) with a UI that brought up items they sell, cost and acts like a virtual terminal but without the transaction per say...Anyone know what Im sayin...lol..
    If you absolutely want POS, you could install a dual boot with Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3 Android. This may give you access to an app that would work. I am not on my TP at this time or I would check for you.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Problem with a POS app like that using CM7 is that if it is designed to take any type of electronic payment, it would not meet PCI compliance requirements. It's hard enough getting devices and software to meet PCI compliance but any 'beta' or non standard software would have functionality broken very quickly as processors can suffer heavy fines if they allow those devices to access their networks.

If you are looking for a POS system with no electronic payment processing - that would be a different story.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Problem with a POS app like that using CM7 is that if it is designed to take any type of electronic payment, it would not meet PCI compliance requirements. It's hard enough getting devices and software to meet PCI compliance but any 'beta' or non standard software would have functionality broken very quickly as processors can suffer heavy fines if they allow those devices to access their networks.

If you are looking for a POS system with no electronic payment processing - that would be a different story.
    I am looking for a POS w/o electronic payment...Just something to use for orders, keep inventory and make on the go order processing easier....
    Quote Originally Posted by reefwerks View Post
    I am looking for a POS w/o electronic payment...Just something to use for orders, keep inventory and make on the go order processing easier....
    In that case, I'm completely unaware of an application for you. A "POS" (point of sale) service generally means electronic payment. You are looking for an inventory control service and right now there is no application for the TouchPad outside of a spreadsheet.

Our system is designed for processing electronic payments and not tracking inventory. Good luck though!