Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    Was just in the airport sitting playing a game and a mother said to her child, "Look he has a TouchPad." Then she said that they were great and walked off.
    never seen one in the wild.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Several of my relatives have them, but never seen one roaming about with a stranger. But I would imagine with the number of units sold during the fire sale that its only a matter of time before I do.
    I saw another student at my college take one out of his bag but were both computer science majors so that kind of cancels it out :-(
    denimadept likes this.
    Since the launch of of the Pre in Canada, i have only seen 2 pre's in the wild. No touchpads or pre2's.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    1 in my University. Yes, it's my University. Other than that, none aside from the people getting one on the line in front of me. Don't know where they all ran off to.
    No, but lots of people have seen mine!
    retroblu and ranchlizard like this.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    only when I see my own reflection on the window of a café or pub
    HP Pre 3 not capable to display names of people calling in
    Touchpad with cracked case
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    No, but lots of people have seen mine!
    Dude - we're talking about TouchPads!

I actually had a guy sit next to me on the bus ride to the Metra and he pulled out a TouchPad. Very cool!
    retroblu likes this.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I stopped at one of those screen-protector kiosks at the KoP Mall to ask about one for my TP, the guy went nuts telling me about his. He didnt have it with him, but I think that should count anyway.
    At dinner friday night and a family of four each had one at their table. Three were reading kindle books one was playing a game.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
    At dinner friday night and a family of four each had one at their table. Three were reading kindle books one was playing a game.
    fascinating conversation they must have had at dinner lol :-)
    HP Pre 3 not capable to display names of people calling in
    Touchpad with cracked case
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Nope. I saw a mangled Pre someone was using the other week, but other than that I almost never see a webOS device in the wild anymore. I helped a couple of my friends get Touchpads during the firesale, and the first thing they both did was convert it over to Android after looking at the App Catalog selection.

Might give my mother my Sprintified Pre 2, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Dude - we're talking about TouchPads!

I actually had a guy sit next to me on the bus ride to the Metra and he pulled out a TouchPad. Very cool!
    Oh... Uh, nevermind then.

My allergist had done his homework, so when he asked about mine (my Touchpad :P), he already had an opinion about how limited they are. I told him it all depends o what you want it for, and that mine does everything that I need it to. And for the firesale price, it doesn't have to do much.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I saw one gentleman using his while waiting at a restaurant for breakfast in San Antonio this weekend. He was using the wifi available to check out the USA Today app. Getting quite a bit of attention too even though there were a couple of other iPad users with theirs out.
    In use, I've only seen my fiance's. Pre-firesale, I'd seen the demo units, but they never worked (or weren't on, and didn't have instructions for it on). I figure that's part of why they didn't sell well.
    Ive seen a few of them one person came up to me and started talking to me then i told them i had cm7 and showed them it and he was shocked so yeah i have.
    Not public, but my girlfriend makes us watch Gossip Girl and they must have an HP tie in- there's always a huge HP monitor on every desk. Today's episode they were all looking at a site on TPs. Saw the browser and notification icons. Wonder when it was filmed.
    mbddave likes this.
    saw one in Starbucks and quickly connected with user...webOS has a way of doing that.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Since the launch of of the Pre in Canada, i have only seen 2 pre's in the wild. No touchpads or pre2's.
    I have seen a bunch of pre's in the wild! No pre 2's or TP's either though...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast