Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post

On a somewhat related story, I was at a show 2 weeks ago and saw two people taking videos in the crowd with a Pixi and a Pre. You know how at any event now, you see tons of people holding up there phones taking videos or photos. Well here is a picture I took showing these random folks taking videos of the show. It was weird moment that the only two phones taking video at the moment were webOS devices. Very rare and something I had never seen in the over 2 years I had had a Pre. Yes this was posted on the public sightings thread.
    That's a pretty good low-light pre pic. I don't think i can get a pic like that under that lighting, even with steady hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    That's a pretty good low-light pre pic. I don't think i can get a pic like that under that lighting, even with steady hands.
    Keep this on the dl but it was taken with a 4s.
    I worked at the wireless set up session back in September at the University and I have only seen 2x TouchPad and a Palm phone. (gone though about 10-15 iPad too which seems to be relatively popular, lots of iPhone needless to say, and also a rise in Android devices)
    Well including the ones I "sold", it 13 (sold 4) otherwise it's 9. I do work in IT so my "technolog exposure index" is higher than normal. In the non-IT world, two.

Phones I lost track but it was in the 30's or so. When people see what I can do with webOS, they are very interested. (goes back to crappy Palm\HP marketing)
    i've seen a dozen pre and pre+ smartphones over the past 2 years, and i've hooked 6 people up with touchpads, but never seen a touchpad that i didn't have something to do with or an currently supporting. but, what do you expect from western ny.
    Saw a guy using one of the streetcar in Toronto on my way to work.

Showed him mine. We both discussed how we love them and how its a shame what HP was doing.

Asked if he used Preware, to which he replied "absolutely."

I asked him "did you install Touch Response and Smoothness?" to which he told me he did.

I told him "I made that."

Made my day
    EvanKr likes this.
    Well I haven't seen any out in public yet, but on the tv show 'Last Man Standing', I've seen the mother browsing on a Touchpad a number of times.
    Not yet. Considering that TPs were never sold in India, I don't really expect to come across one with a stranger.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Saw a guy using one of the streetcar in Toronto on my way to work.

Showed him mine. We both discussed how we love them and how its a shame what HP was doing.

Asked if he used Preware, to which he replied "absolutely."

I asked him "did you install Touch Response and Smoothness?" to which he told me he did.

I told him "I made that."

Made my day
    Do you know if he uses this website? It would be interesting to stumble upon someone you had interacted with on here.

P.S. Today, someone asked me if my Veer was a Palm Pre... Close enough.
    Last edited by Exhnozoaa; 12/01/2011 at 10:51 PM.
    For the record, even though I joined in August, I joined before the fire sale. :P
    saw one guy at ruby Tuesday with one, this was the week I got mine during the fire Sale. This was in new jersey
    Saw a stat that only like 10% of the US population has a tablet of ANY sort. I imagine that'll increase significantly post December 25th, though...

So maybe more in the New Year?
    Saw one pre minus in Sheffield, UK about a year ago, and the other day i saw a touchpad in the window of a used/preowned gadgets store. whenever people ask about my pixi plus i get the 'is that a blackberry?' question, and with the TP 'wow its just a fat ipad' stop bullying, she has weight issues.
    leobloom likes this.
    Over the last few years i have seen 1 Sprint Pixi and a dozen Verizon or Sprint Pre phones.

I had a Pre but last week the IT guys made me switch to a crapy LG Optimus. My wife had to switch her Pre to a LG piece as well. My son lost his Pre.
    have not seen any TPs in the wild. I used to love to play with the one they had at WalMart last summer.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I've seen mine, everytime I'm in public!
    I've seen mine, everytime I'm in public!
    Lol.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123