1.    #1  
    I am hearing a soft whirring sound from my touchpad. Not sure if its a static noise or a disk spinning. It sounds like a small motor running. Everytime I press a key on the keyboard, it gets faster and louder ans after 1-2 secs, it gets softer. Please help
    That is strange. I can tell you it isn't a disk - there are no moving parts inside.
  3.    #3  
    I did some more testing and found that the whirring noise gets louder and faster everytime any sound comes out of the bottom speaker. Also to be able to hear it, one needs to hold the speaker close to the ear in a quiet environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by rajivrag View Post
    I am hearing a soft whirring sound from my touchpad. Not sure if its a static noise or a disk spinning. It sounds like a small motor running. Everytime I press a key on the keyboard, it gets faster and louder ans after 1-2 secs, it gets softer. Please help
    Send in your Touchpad for repair.
    Quote Originally Posted by rajivrag View Post
    Have the same problem. The speaker actually doesn't work. Just try listening to it. It starts whirring when triggered by keyboard or system sounds. I turned mine off, at least it's quiet then. Don't like to send mine back to HP as there is a high risk that you get refurbished one back.
    I have had exactly the same problem, and i narrowed it down to a faulty vibration unit!

Sometimes it will choose to vibrate, but when it doesn't it will make a whirring noise!

Hope this helped