Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I opened up preware and it found a update for the uberkernel ,so I updated it.
    after updating I realised that I had the beta kernel feed on so I'm wondering if it was a beta update or is it a stable release update?
    btw the update ups the overclocking to 1.7ghz :-)
    ondemandtcl + max feq 1.7 + sampling rate 0.05 = superfast my lithium benchmark score is 77
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Your version number would be helpful information.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    your version number would be helpful information.
    3.0.4-88
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Its in the beta feed.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
  5.    #5  
    that's what I was thinking, oh seems pretty stable so far
    I'm sure since its a uberkernel it will be moved to the public feeds soon enough,as from my understanding the kernels only get the uberkrrnel name if the are stable
    How is battery life at 1.7ghz?
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

7.    #7  
    so far It seem pretty good, I haven't put it through much testing but it seems almost as good as 1.5
    I keep my brightness pretty low and use ondemand setting so my battery lasts a long time

I just used kindle for a hour and when I was done the battery said 93% so that seems about the same as with 1.5ghz
    Last edited by hammer_420; 11/28/2011 at 12:26 PM.
    battery usage with mine @1.836 (F4 Phantom, I have it ticked to throttle to 756 @idle)...tried the new UberKernel, didn't seem to have the same snappiness of the F4 Phantom Beta....BTW, 1.836 full time dual core hauls, but battery usage really rises, thus the throttle settings for longer battery life....

battery usage hits a low of around 690mA at idle with the throttling setting, video sucks the volts no matter the CPU settings, so if you watch a lot of vids, the battery will dive faster....

I can leave my Pad on for several days idling with quick email retrival and Touchpad updateness and it still has plenty of juice left....

YMMV

laterzzzz.......
    Last edited by bldegle2; 11/28/2011 at 02:04 PM.
    32g and playing
    Today i found UberKernel 3.0.4-88 in the standard Preware (no beta feeds).
    So im wondering if i should bother updating my UberKernel 3.0.4-68, which i run at 1.5Ghz.

Are there any issues in the new 88 version, that i should be concerned with?

What is the overall consensus so far on this version in regards to stability and battery life etc..?
    Well the changelog says there is a new oc option: 1.8GHz.
    Devices:
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    Well the changelog says there is a new oc option: 1.8GHz.
    Changelog on the one i see in standard preware (no beta feeds) for UberKernel 3.0.4-88 says new oc option is 1.7Ghz.

Maybe your looking at a newer beta version?
    If an UberKernel is released to public feeds (non testing), then there is no reason not to upgrade. It is known to be stable, with no reported issues from the testers.

That said, things do occasionally slip through the cracks. If that were the case it would likely be a minor issue, and would be corrected in a few days at the most.

I can't see a reason not to update... Even on beta kernels i always do, and i've had nearly 0 problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    If an UberKernel is released to public feeds (non testing), then there is no reason not to upgrade. It is known to be stable, with no reported issues from the testers.

That said, things do occasionally slip through the cracks. If that were the case it would likely be a minor issue, and would be corrected in a few days at the most.

I can't see a reason not to update... Even on beta kernels i always do, and i've had nearly 0 problems.
    Thanks for your comments on stability.
    Any comments in regards to battery life comparisons between the two versions ( assuming both use same OC profile)?
    3.0.4-89 on my feeds, 1.8 option now....caution, YMWV, most TP,s handle the 1.836 nicely, some don't, just be warned and bone up on recovery proceedures....

have f4 @1.836 right now, will give the new uber a run later today..

clock on...
    32g and playing
    v3.0.4-89 also offers voltage selection.

My TP can handle 1.7 without a hitch but freezes within seconds at 1.8. So for everyone, YMMV.
    what is uberkernel default profile clocked at? I didn't have that option before
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    default is/was 1.5ghz
    horseybob likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.interested View Post
    Thanks for your comments on stability.
    Any comments in regards to battery life comparisons between the two versions ( assuming both use same OC profile)?
    The biggest battery savers i've found are:
    - turn wifi preference to sleep on screen off
    - set the charger polling rate in Govnah to 60s or longer (then save this as a new profile)
    - don't leave PDK apps open
    - don't leave apps open in general

and of course, turn off any radios that you aren't using.

If you're really trying to squeeze a long time out of your battery check out Mode Switcher. You can set it up to turn on/off radios, wifi preferences, and lots more however you want based on triggers.
    I installed 3.0.2-88 24 hours ago. Set it to 1.728. Very stable so far.

I'm still on 3.0.2.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast