Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1.    #1  
    I am using Tea Reader on my TouchPad. Up until a few days ago the app had no issues. Now I am finding that it will not connect to the Google Reader. I just get a blank pop-up window when I try to reconnect. I downloaded the Free App RSS ReadME. This app will not even load. It just try's to load as if it is not connecting to the internet, though I do have internet connection because all other app connect to the internet just fine. The only apps I am having this problem with seems to be the RSS Apps. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this or do I have to Doctor my TouchPad?
    Last edited by dabombcra; 11/27/2011 at 03:48 PM.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    I am using Tea Reader on my TouchPad. Up until a few days ago the app had no issues. Now I am finding that it will not connect to the Google Reader. I just get a blank pop-up window when I try to reconnect. I downloaded the Free App RSS ReadME. This app will not even load. It just try's to load as if it is not connecting to the internet, though I do have internet connection because all other app connect to the internet just fine. The only apps I am having this problem with seems to be the RSS Apps. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this or do I have to Doctor my TouchPad?
    Tea Reader definitely has issues. After some frustrating trial and error, I figured out that simply disconnecting and reconnecting to Google Reader, and then closing and reopening the Tea Reader app, seems to clear it up. Go to the top left drop down menu, then "Preferences & Accounts" and you'll see what you need...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefakeplastic View Post
    Tea Reader definitely has issues. After some frustrating trial and error, I figured out that simply disconnecting and reconnecting to Google Reader, and then closing and reopening the Tea Reader app, seems to clear it up. Go to the top left drop down menu, then "Preferences & Accounts" and you'll see what you need...
    Thank you for the advice. I have done this sevral times. I just get a blank pop-up window when I select connect. It is like Google won't load for me to enter my user name and password.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    Thank you for the advice. I have done this sevral times. I just get a blank pop-up window when I select connect. It is like Google won't load for me to enter my user name and password.
    Ugh. What a pain in the ***.

    Have you tried signing in and out of Google in your actual Accounts section in Settings?

    Good luck!
  5.    #5  
    Yeah I did that. I have been having issues logging into Google. Now I can log-in and Tea Reader is working. I don't know what it is. Thank you for all the suggestions.

    Sent from Communities. I am the webOS 1%

Posting Permissions