1.    #1  
    I know that there are a few threads on this but not one resolved my problem. I received my touch pad today and at first it did not turn on, so my first guess was maybe the battery isn't charged so i charged it for 2 hours and it still doesn't turn on. I am worried that it came defective. I know that Hp is still honoring there warrenty but i don't wanna end up sending it to them and wait 2 more weeks to get it another one. Does anyone have a way that i can resove this on my own? The only thing that turns on is a white light on the home button that moves from left to right.
    Try untwisting the pronged part of the Barrel Charger and then twist it back until it clicks. The Prongs should be in line with the USB Slot.

If that doesn't work, Try swapping the MicroUSB Cable with another one. There have been reports of defective cables here.

What happens when you plug in the Charger? You should get an audible ping and the TouchPad should vibrate for a couple of seconds.
    you need to verify that the wall adapter actually works. I know several reports of them not working.

once you are sure the outlet/adapter/cable is working, it could take 5 or 10 minutes charging before the touchpad has enough juice to power on.

also, a few have had problems with the usb port on the touchpad being loose.

the best path is to get a touchstone and bypass all of those variables. You will not regret the money spent.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    Try untwisting the pronged part of the Barrel Charger and then twist it back until it clicks. The Prongs should be in line with the USB Slot.

If that doesn't work, Try swapping the MicroUSB Cable with another one. There have been reports of defective cables here.

What happens when you plug in the Charger? You should get an audible ping and the TouchPad should vibrate for a couple of seconds.
    I twisted the pronged part of the barrel charger and nothing, i changed the usb cable and nothing. When i plug it in nothing happens as far as vibrating or a ping, the only thing that happens is the white light on the home button turns on and starts moving from left to right. Could my touch pad be defective?

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you need to verify that the wall adapter actually works. I know several reports of them not working.

once you are sure the outlet/adapter/cable is working, it could take 5 or 10 minutes charging before the touchpad has enough juice to power on.

also, a few have had problems with the usb port on the touchpad being loose.

the best path is to get a touchstone and bypass all of those variables. You will not regret the money spent.
    I'm not gonna spend anymore money on this untill i or hp resolves the issue, if the usb on the touchpad is no good then why would i wanna buy the touchstone, there is gonna come a time where i'm gonna be traveling and i am not gonna take the touchstone with me because of it's size.

Also if the usb on the touch pad is defective then how come the white light turns on?
    Last edited by XBlackChaosX; 11/26/2011 at 07:28 PM.
    A completely discharged battery may take several hours before the device is willing to turn on. If you haven't figured something out, leave it on charge when you go to bed.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    A completely discharged battery may take several hours before the device is willing to turn on. If you haven't figured something out, leave it on charge when you go to bed.
    Will do that and see, hopefully the issue is with the battery being fully discharged. But if it's not and i end up having to send it to Hp for a replacement, how many days does it take hp to send you a new one? and also how are they able to continue honoring there warrenty if the touchpad are no longer in production?
    have you tried holding down the home and power buttons for about 30 seconds to see if it reboots? Try that after letting it charge all night.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    have you tried holding down the home and power buttons for about 30 seconds to see if it reboots? Try that after letting it charge all night.
    I've been doing that for a few hours now and nothing. I'm just gonna let it charge but it's been charging for about 7 hours. I know that when you first charge a device it's takes a bit longer than a regular charge but damn.
    if things are working, it would turn on by itself in a few minutes. Either your wall adapter or your touchpad appear to be DOA, IMHO.
    My unit initially behaved the same manner(complete dead, no light,not booting)...total no response despite charging it for 8 hours..

Eventually boot up after holding home key while pressing power on/off key..
    Not the first post with a problem like this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...hpad-dead.html
    We heard the same stories from some Veer users.
    If we could pull the battery that would be nice.
    I had the same on my Veer. Tried all kinds of key combinations. Suddenly it rebooted.

@Cantaffordit Whats about the picture in your signature ?
    Did you ever get the problem resolved? I am having the EXACT same problem right now! I don't know what to do and I don't want to have to send it off and wait longer...
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lcfd22 View Post
    Did you ever get the problem resolved? I am having the EXACT same problem right now! I don't know what to do and I don't want to have to send it off and wait longer...
    Check out my thread linked below. I had the same issue not too long ago and what worked for me was plugging it into a USB port on a computer. Since the initial charge, I haven't had any issues.

How many NIB Touchpad 4Gs left?
    Hello Coomunity members.. thank you for keeping WebOS alive.

I recently bought a HP Tpouchpad 4G from ebay. Was very excited when my device arrived. Based on the start up guide, i decided to charged my device for about 9 hours before use. When i came back home and decide to turn it on so that i could set it up and start enjoying WebOS. The device wont turn on, the screen remains blank. The charging indicator light on the home button that moves from left to right keeps blinking. I have tried all the suggested hard reset methods i have read here on the forum but no luck. When i connect my TP to the PC, it doesnt recognize any device. What puzzles me is that this is a NIB item.

Funny thing is that, I contacted HP support and they suggested i charge the device for 48 hours, then press power+home for 15 seconds, Power + Volume up+home but still nothing happens even after i charged my device for about 55 hours. I have tested my cables (Original TP) with other devices and it works, also i know that the TP is charging since the left to right light on the home button blinks. I dont know what to do anymore but rather think of smashing the device on the wall.

Can any one offer fresh ideas than the usual ones for this situation?

I need all the ideas i can get::

(mad: