Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,
    My TouchPad is OFF and don't charge with AC charger, I think it's fully discharged (0%)
    I have try to push Home+ON button for minutes but still don't open, also with Home+VolumUP+ON.
    I have try all method but it still dead
    I have buy a new power charger but still don't ON (HP NORTH AMERICAN POWER CHARGER : Buy HP North American Power Charger for HP TouchPad (FB341AA#ABA) - from IPmart.com

I have noticed that when I put it in PC USB, the Home button is lighted in white, I make a little video :

So what can I try to do to bring it to life again !
    It does sound as if the battery is totally discharged.
    In theory it will charge (very) slowly from the PC USB.
    Perhaps it is worth leaving it plugged in there overnight?
    Power is getting through to the board/blinking light OK.
    Also here's another thread about this:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...n-respond.html

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/26/2011 at 11:04 AM.
    Yes - leave it plugged in overnight. Others have panicked about this same situation, and it's just low on charge.
    it happened with me once but after couple of hours charging it came back on. hope this helps goodluck
  5.    #5  
    hi guys,
    The uncharged logo is appeared a little time, that mean I think that there is a hope !
    Now PC can recognize it as unknown device !
    But it's blocked here, what do you propose ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouaz10 View Post
    hi guys,
    The uncharged logo is appeared a little time, that mean I think that there is a hope !
    Now PC can recognize it as unknown device !
    But it's blocked here, what do you propose ?

Click to view quoted image
    dont connect usb to computer. use USB wall charger. Be sure end of charger is correctly screwed on (twist on - mine was loose and wasn't charging). Let it wall charge overnight before attempting anything else such as connecting to USB computer. After charging overnight, you could try webos doctor (software download http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions)
  7.    #7  
    that's exactly what I try to do
    I let it charge 6 hours, but I'm not sure if it charge
    I plug it to try using webOS doctor, but not recognized !
  8.    #8  
    I juste have that only :

Can someone say what the 'official meaning' of the Flashing Home button is?

'Notification'?

I earlier suggested charging only via PC USB because clearly other methods did not seem to be working.

Do you have 'WOSQI' & 'Novacom drivers' already installed on your PC?

~~~

Has HP taken to shipping bricks.. (and yes.. those ARE 'p's not 't's!!)???

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/27/2011 at 02:23 AM.
  10.    #10  
    Yes, I have WebOSQuickInstall-4.3.1 and Novacom drivers OK
    My problem is that I buy the TouchPad from France, and I'm now in another country, so I can't ship it to HP

Sometime when I plug it on charger I see the home button flash notification, like in video :

OK. Good.
    Was it new when you bought it.. or already used by someone?
    Has it ever worked correctly for you?

I do not know all the 'official' meanings of the 'Flashing Home Button' states.. I am hoping someone else here can tell us.

If you can not return it to HP for some reason.. it may be time to get the tools out and at least physically check that the USB board and battery connections inside are good?

http://www.techrepublic.com/photos/c...6253940?seq=44

EDIT: Also removing the battery completely for a minute may 'reset' the entire machine?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/27/2011 at 11:40 AM.
  12.    #12  
    It's was new, it's work for 2 weeks.
    I'll will wait few days maybe ... before opening it.
    (sorry for my poor English)
    So, New and working and then suddenly stopped working?
    I am sure you would remember anything else strange or relevant prior to this.

Hopefully you can find a way to restore power, or return it to HP - without first doing any major 'surgery'.. yes!

14.    #14  
    After I let it hours plugged in PC and I try to open it (ON only), the uncharged logo appear
    First time it appear for 3 seconds, then 2, then .... finaly nothing appear !!
    I think it's charged a littre (0.1% for exemple)

When I let it in normal charger, nothing happen
    (home flash notification for 30 min in the two situation, and the the notification stop)
    if it is only showing the symbol indicating it needs to be charging, that probably means the wall adapter is dead.

try plugging it into a usb port (directly in to PC or powered hub). It will charge really slow and not indicate that it is charging, but it will eventually charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if it is only showing the symbol indicating it needs to be charging, that probably means the wall adapter is dead.

try plugging it into a usb port (directly in to PC or powered hub). It will charge really slow and not indicate that it is charging, but it will eventually charge.
    Hhmm.. I was rather hoping Mouaz10 had already been down that road?

#2: '..In theory it will charge (very) slowly from the PC USB.
    Perhaps it is worth leaving it plugged in there overnight?..'
    & #9: '..suggest(ed) charging only via PC USB because clearly other methods did not seem to be working..'

So flashing home button = 'charge me' (as opposed to 'I AM being charged') ?

17.    #17  
    I'll be back ofter 24h of PC charging
    Standing by - Good luck!!
    good luck
    Try changing the cord between the charger and Touchpad, I had this problem a couple weeks after mine was new and an extra USB mini USB cord I had laying around from an old cell phone fixed the problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast