1.    #1  
    hey everyone, im new here. i have a question about the 32gig touchpad i just purchased off craigslist. i bought it with the intentions of giving it to my boyfriend for christmas..thing is he lives out of the country, new zealand specifically. i was wondering if it will have any trouble working there? it is the US version, and he would need an adapter for the plug to charge, but would there be any other reason it wouldnt function normally? if so ill just keep it for me and get him something else lol
    Ha.. are you looking for excuses to keep it for yourself already!
    Don't blame you!
    I'm in Oz & no probs here. Power-adaptor, yes.. and a decent Wifi connection is about all you need to get webOS-ing! Has he got High-ish Speed Internet connection out there?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/26/2011 at 04:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by silversoul View Post
    hey everyone, im new here. i have a question about the 32gig touchpad i just purchased off craigslist. i bought it with the intentions of giving it to my boyfriend for christmas..thing is he lives out of the country, new zealand specifically. i was wondering if it will have any trouble working there? it is the US version, and he would need an adapter for the plug to charge, but would there be any other reason it wouldnt function normally? if so ill just keep it for me and get him something else lol
    I think you should keep it for yourself and get a new Boyfriend. Boyfriends will (soon) be easier to get than TouchPads.

Reminds me of a yarn to which the punchline goes "With one of these, I can get as many of those as I want"
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Ha.. are you looking for excuses to keep it for yourself already!
    Don't blame you!
    I'm in Oz & no probs here. Power-adaptor, yes.. and a decent Wifi connection is about all you need to get webOS-ing! Has he got High-ish Speed Internet connection out there?

haha as soon as i got it home i was like oooh i should have got one for myself, too! ive been looking on CL for another ever since..his internet connection is quite good, at least it seemed to be when i was there in september on holiday. im not sure who his SP is though. thanks so much for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by silversoul View Post
    haha as soon as i got it home i was like oooh i should have got one for myself, too! ive been looking on CL for another ever since..his internet connection is quite good, at least it seemed to be when i was there in september on holiday. im not sure who his SP is though. thanks so much for the help!
    I am sure he will appreciate it!
    Maybe you should keep on checking-in for YOUR one though!
    I heard that NZ Harvey Norman Staff basically grabbed most of their stock at F'sale time? I was luckier here.
    WELL worth going through this at some point too (if you haven't already!): http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html
    Good Luck!