1.    #1  
    I have read through several forum strings but I'm hoping that there is a consensus or a definitive answer to the question: Can I connect a USB 2.0 compact flash card reader to the TP to store and view Nikon RAW files (or jpegs)? The card reader is has a small (4 pin ?) female port and a USB 2.0 male connector. Can I transfer files using hardware to connect to the HP tablet?

Same question for a iPad2? Thanks.
    Check this thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html

Unfortunately it's a very long thread and you'll have to wade through the process of multiple people figuring it out. In summary: it is possible, but there are several things you have to work out. You will need an "on the go" cable, something to provide USB power to the TP & accessory, probably a hub, and you'll need to run a script from a command-line on the TP to make it recognize the card. A little linux familiarity will be a plus.

Just do a search for the iPad adapter, there should be several options.
    In addition, USB 2.0 seems to presenting a problem of it's own on the TP microusb port. Something that has yet to be worked out completely. USB 1.1 seems to be mostly reliable though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdbr View Post
    Check this thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html

Unfortunately it's a very long thread and you'll have to wade through the process of multiple people figuring it out. In summary: it is possible, but there are several things you have to work out. You will need an "on the go" cable, something to provide USB power to the TP & accessory, probably a hub, and you'll need to run a script from a command-line on the TP to make it recognize the card. A little linux familiarity will be a plus.

Just do a search for the iPad adapter, there should be several options.
    It should be added that in addition to the OTG cable, you'll need a USB Power Adapter Y Cable.

The power can be provided by the touchpad charger or any PC USB Port, or if you need portability, one of those cellphone portable charger with a USB port will do.

The general wiring is:
    Code:
    Touchpad---OTG Cable------USB Y Cable------USB Device
                                  / 
                                 / <--(short split of the Y Cable)
                   Power Source-/
    To manually mount the file system, you run in XTerm:
    Code:
    mkdir /media/internal/usb
    mount /dev/sda1 /media/internal/usb
    I tried connecting it directly to my Nikon DLSR, but the camera got stuck at the "Connecting to PC" step and never properly mounted on the touchpad, but it works beautifully with keyboards and thumbdrives.