Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    so basically update to 3.0.4, hit 1.5ghz, turn on wpa2, and thats pretty much it right? any other must-do things for the touchpad, or just common things that everyone does in general when you first get one?
    Quote Originally Posted by kdt15 View Post
    so basically update to 3.0.4, hit 1.5ghz, turn on wpa2, and thats pretty much it right? any other must-do things for the touchpad, or just common things that everyone does in general when you first get one?
    Kinda.. yes! But you can select select your further choices here:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

Take your time.

wildblue likes this.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Speaking as a new TP owner, I just spent a few hours the other day walking through the "Get Started" thread/guide and it is terrific!

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    This. With the current climate waiting until it is too late to hit this guide is, well, too late. Must do if you plan on using your TP or other webOS devices indefinitely.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Stick Android on it.
    Do you like Touchpads? Do you like Android? Do you hate Android but just need an app or two? Do you just like belonging to forums? Try this: http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/
    dignitary likes this.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
    Stick Android on it.
    Never, I say!
    Actually, that will be my last resort if worse comes to worse, but I'll def be utilizing the Survival Kit to try and hang on to webOS as long as feasible first.
    You don't lose webOS when you install Android; you get both on the same device.

And the Survival Kit's just as useful even if you have both on the device.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Indeed, but I'm just not ready to invest the time and energy it takes to install until it becomes necessary. Hoping by the time it does become necessary that it will be 1) far more stable than it is currently and 2) have made the install process a little less of a chore. At my age I generally choose to avoid anything with an alpha tag on it, anyway. Just not that adventurous anymore. As it stands, it still ain't broke, so I really don't feel compelled to "fix" it.
    btbkilla and treodoc755 like this.
  9.    #9  
    @pen, what do you mean it would be too late? climate?

END OF THE WORLD???
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    @pen, what do you mean it would be too late? climate?

END OF THE WORLD???
    LOL, nothing quite that drastic. The uncertain corporate climate at HP regarding the future of webOS.
  11.    #11  
    ive heard a lonjg time ago that webos is dead. i guess im wrong?

and @ your comment, wow i did not know that preware will completely disappear if HP decides to remove it? im sure im missing something but this is the idea?
    The future of WebOS appears to be up in the air at this point. I will use it until it is not available. However, I do have a dual boot system with Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3. I like the number of apps available with Android. When WebOS has more apps I will uninstall Android.

@Penthus, at my age I can't afford not to try everything that I can. I don't even buy green bananas.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    dignitary likes this.
    ive heard a lonjg time ago that webos is dead. i guess im wrong?

and @ your comment, wow i did not know that preware will completely disappear if HP decides to remove it? im sure im missing something but this is the idea?
    Preware does not depend on HP in any way, shape or form. Preware will not disappear, and there is no way that HP can make it disappear.

I suggest you carefully re-read whatever you were reading which gave you these ideas, because they are patently and absolutely false.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14.    #14  
    Preware does not depend on HP in any way, shape or form. Preware will not disappear, and there is no way that HP can make it disappear.

I suggest you carefully re-read whatever you were reading which gave you these ideas, because they are patently and absolutely false.

-- Rod
    "In a post-webOS world, you will need to have Preware installed on your device. The HP App Catalog will no longer be available to you, so you need to get the documentation you need to install Preware now."

in the link you sent me. am i misunderstanding this?
    Yes, that doesn't say anything about Preware going away, merely that the documentation regarding it will no longer be available from the app catalog.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Yes, that doesn't say anything about Preware going away, merely that the documentation regarding it will no longer be available from the app catalog.
    Exactly.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    maybe a dumb ? But I can't find an answer. How do I go about backing up my profile data with another synergy account? Is it just a database file saved on hard disk?
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!
    Move your data to Google, for example.

-- Rod
    Move your data to Google, for example.

-- Rod
    Who in their right mind would trust all of their sensitive information to the world's most notorious invader of privacy...aka...Google?
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Who in their right mind would trust all of their sensitive information to the world's most notorious invader of privacy...aka...Google?
    As opposed to storing it in your Palm Profile on the HP servers?

Which of HP or Google has more to lose if even a single person's private data is leaked?

[If you're seriously concerned, don't use any third-party - write your own Synergy provider and run your own server. Make sure you don't use a hosting company, and make sure your data never goes over any network in the USA where the government monitors it, and make sure it is never transmitted over any wireless or cellular carrier ...]

-- Rod
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast