1.    #1  
    but does fine when awake. WiFi set on for sleep mode. Thoughts?
    mine does it too. I just set my display not to lock for 15 minutes while i do home workouts. Same thing happens on CM7 too.
    I would say try using a non screen state kernel
    the network adapter has issues when in sleep.. it does it for movies, music, all data. I don't know of any fix for this. It's almost like it keeps sending a signal to shut down the nic, but comes right back up due to the data flow.. really strange but always happens.
    Seems like it's possibly the audio, not the network. On my LAN, it started doing weird things with the volume, and then stuttering, the moment I turned off the display, and it should've had quite some time already buffered, if not the whole song already downloaded.

The system truly is designed though, to not be used for doing things while it's asleep. There are functions that can be called to make sure that if an app is in the foreground, that it doesn't attempt sleep .. or you can use exhibition mode..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I've found google music to be extremely unreliable/buggy myself on the Touchpads browser. It just doesn't work well with it. Ironically it seems to be flash based as well and I'd have thought it would be html5 based too. I'd assume if you wanted to use google music it would be much beter under CM7.
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    I've found google music to be extremely unreliable/buggy myself on the Touchpads browser. It just doesn't work well with it. Ironically it seems to be flash based as well and I'd have thought it would be html5 based too. I'd assume if you wanted to use google music it would be much beter under CM7.
    It's not Flash-based at all; I'm looking at its page source right now.
    Here's the issue: Mobile browsers largely aren't built to keep active state in sleep mode. Apps, however, typically have access to the API calls in their respective operating systems to maintain state in order to allow media to continue running. Whether the app takes advantage of it or not is a different story.

Where CM7 is concerned, it's only Alpha 3 and they're still working out issues with video and audio so things aren't perfect nor should they be expected to be yet. On Android 2.3.x on my Photon 4G, I don't have these issues at all in apps, but do in a variety of Android-based browsers (Opera Mobile, Firefox 8, Dolphin HD, etc.).
    Last edited by vanadium; 11/25/2011 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by independent1 View Post
    It's not Flash-based at all; I'm looking at its page source right now.
    Well I checked it in chrome under Ubuntu just to see if it would work better and get a message about it requiring flash.
    ex:

Google music would likely be better under CM7 because you can use the Google Music Android app vs having to use the browser in webos.
    Last edited by crucialcolin; 11/26/2011 at 04:39 AM.
    Custom kernel/govnah settings throttling down the cpu? When the screens off perhaps?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Custom kernel/govnah settings throttling down the cpu? When the screens off perhaps?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Yep. I had that problem streaming spotify with my Pre2 when the screen was off. Changed from screen state to ondemand, problem solved.
    Its a shame we probably will never get an official googlemusic app. I find using the site okay, but it is a little buggy (tapping things leads to no response) and scrolling is laggy.