Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    To anyone near an RC Willey Furniture Store (Mostly Utah, but also some Nevada, California and Idaho) If you really want a TouchPad at firesale prices they will be having the 16GB TouchPad for $99. There are 20 per store and limit of one per family. 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM.

RC Willey - Browse Advertisement
    interesting, I think even 149 dollar TP is now loosing its allure
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Are you sure that isn't bundled with a Futon or a sectional sofa?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

jdod likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    interesting, I think even 149 dollar TP is now loosing its allure
    Or else 'Willeys' have the right idea.. don't 'bundle it'.. just use it to get people IN through the door and let them then buy ANYthing else.. including a Futon!

This appears to be 16Gb only @ $99.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    The Salt Lake City store we tried opened at 8, we made it to the counter at 8:07 and they were sold out.
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TRoss View Post
    The Salt Lake City store we tried opened at 8, we made it to the counter at 8:07 and they were sold out.
    WOW!
    No other purchases necessary... I got two of them. I had to wait in line for about 6 hours but it was so worth it..
    mc_gusto likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by spartacus96 View Post
    No other purchases necessary... I got two of them. I had to wait in line for about 6 hours but it was so worth it..
    I love my touchpad but in my opinion its not worth a six hour wait. I would rather pay the going Craigslist price, I guess I feel my time is worth money.
    Got mine at SLC store @ 23rd South, was 1st in line although had to wait in line for 9 hrs. However, best deal ever... 1st 200 people in line also received a $25 gift card that supposedly was not valid on 'doorbusters' i.e. TP, but the cashier let me use it. So, my 16GB TP was $74, $80 out the door including tax!! Awesome deal, already overclocked to 1.7Ghz, plus many other patches from Preware. This is truly an incredible forum!
    Quote Originally Posted by bishopd View Post
    Got mine at SLC store @ 23rd South, was 1st in line although had to wait in line for 9 hrs. However, best deal ever... 1st 200 people in line also received a $25 gift card that supposedly was not valid on 'doorbusters' i.e. TP, but the cashier let me use it. So, my 16GB TP was $74, $80 out the door including tax!! Awesome deal, already overclocked to 1.7Ghz, plus many other patches from Preware. This is truly an incredible forum!
    How do you justify standing 9 hours in the line for a 100 dollar product?
    How do you justify standing 9 hours in the line for a 100 dollar product?
    It's not justified at all (although a camp chair and sleeping bag certainly made it easier)! However, after being in the market for the last 2 months for decent hardware (I'm a semiconductor design engineer) and not willing to spend more than $200 (was considering Shenzhen-produced iPad2 knock-offs running various Android versions, check out Grefu M97), it was a buy I couldn't resist. Complete impulse buy, but I'm happy with webOS thus far, hoping for continuing future support.
    It's not justified at all (although a camp chair and sleeping bag certainly made it easier)! However, after being in the market for the last 2 months for decent hardware (I'm a semiconductor design engineer) and not willing to spend more than $200 (was considering Shenzhen-produced iPad2 knock-offs running various Android versions, check out Grefu M97), it was a buy I couldn't resist. Complete impulse buy, but I'm happy with webOS thus far, hoping for continuing future support.
    If you made 25 dollars an hour, that would be 225 dollars you would have made while working.
    Quote Originally Posted by r_wright1 View Post
    I love my touchpad but in my opinion its not worth a six hour wait. I would rather pay the going Craigslist price, I guess I feel my time is worth money.
    What did you do on Black Friday? What about the last Harry Potter Premiere? Or, dare I ask, the Twilight movie premiere? Did you stand in line for those...? Me neither.

Wait, I did stand in line for the Harry Potter final movie, but I was one of the Responsible Adults helping 'care' for my daughter and a bunch of her friends (you know, designated driver after the movie was over at 2:30am). I arrived at 5pm, but they started at 11am for a midnight movie showing. So, I only had to wait for 7 hours...seems appropriate...movie about the 7th Potter book, 7 hours.

Well, some folk like to wait in lines for things. It CAN be fun! Different strokes for different folks in different boats and all that.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    What did you do on Black Friday? What about the last Harry Potter Premiere? Or, dare I ask, the Twilight movie premiere? Did you stand in line for those...? Me neither.

Wait, I did stand in line for the Harry Potter final movie, but I was one of the Responsible Adults helping 'care' for my daughter and a bunch of her friends (you know, designated driver after the movie was over at 2:30am). I arrived at 5pm, but they started at 11am for a midnight movie showing. So, I only had to wait for 7 hours...seems appropriate...movie about the 7th Potter book, 7 hours.

Well, some folk like to wait in lines for things. It CAN be fun! Different strokes for different folks in different boats and all that.
    Hopefully my son wont make me do that. But I have said that before.
    If you made 25 dollars an hour, that would be 225 dollars you would have made while working.
    Was off work for Thanksgiving holiday, besides being salaried I really don't know what an hourly wage is!
    The statements about what your time is worth are so overused. It was black Friday, and he was probably off work anyway. If you're willing to wait for something, you've made the decision that it is worth it. Let big boys be big boys.
    Don't forget it's a holiday, would have been double time...

It all depends on what you have to do on those days. My work is closed Thanksgiving and Friday so I couldn't be making money... but I would rather sit around all day thursday, eat way to much, watch football and drink... so no way the wife and I were going to be standing in any lines Thurs night/Friday morning.

At the same time, say I was in the market for a nice new sectional or something else, I could see waiting in line.

It comes down to personal preference, I probably should have been doing the webOS survival kit on all of our webOS devices on black friday. This would have been worth my time and sanity .... I didn't do that either.... I have far too many devices to backup tokens on.

Was off work for Thanksgiving holiday, besides being salaried I really don't know what an hourly wage is!
    EWWW working for salary is horrible. I don't know many folks that come out on the winning end of salary (of course unless you are a high level exec).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Don't forget it's a holiday, would have been double time...

It all depends on what you have to do on those days. My work is closed Thanksgiving and Friday so I couldn't be making money... but I would rather sit around all day thursday, eat way to much, watch football and drink... so no way the wife and I were going to be standing in any lines Thurs night/Friday morning.

At the same time, say I was in the market for a nice new sectional or something else, I could see waiting in line.

It comes down to personal preference, I probably should have been doing the webOS survival kit on all of our webOS devices on black friday. This would have been worth my time and sanity .... I didn't do that either.... I have far too many devices to backup tokens on.

EWWW working for salary is horrible. I don't know many folks that come out on the winning end of salary (of course unless you are a high level exec).
    Yep, salaried sucks! And don't ever buy into the myth regarding the so-called 'perks', they're not worth it (at least not for mid-level engineering management)!
    That depends on if you would have been working during that time instead. If you're just sitting on your phone or computer watching videos or doing something else that you may have been doing at home or in a coffee shop then it throws that reasoning out the window.

Really that time spent vs worked to save money applies more to actively searching for lower prices to save a buck while you could instead be focused on working at something else. In his case it could be considered more as how he spent his leisure time rather than lost productivity time.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    There is entertainment value sometimes in these sorts of things, you are waiting with other possible fanatics (if you are one), the conversation, whatever. I never expect to win the lottery, but maybe once a year I might get a scratch off or a pick 5 or something, and yes I nearly always waist my money, know that in advance, but its entertaining. Just saying.

Nine hours is a long time to be entertained, however!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast