Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    what if you were spending that time w family and actually enjoying, maybe it would help decrease your BP, help build better relationships.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    what if you were spending that time w family and actually enjoying, maybe it would help decrease your BP, help build better relationships.
    What if it cost you even more to be able to do that because of travel costs and time?
    Quote Originally Posted by bishopd View Post
    Yep, salaried sucks! And don't ever buy into the myth regarding the so-called 'perks', they're not worth it (at least not for mid-level engineering management)!
    Yeah I did it for a time.... no good

Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    There is entertainment value sometimes in these sorts of things, you are waiting with other possible fanatics (if you are one), the conversation, whatever. I never expect to win the lottery, but maybe once a year I might get a scratch off or a pick 5 or something, and yes I nearly always waist my money, know that in advance, but its entertaining. Just saying.

Nine hours is a long time to be entertained, however!
    I am not a people person... the people waiting with me would just be getting on my nerves.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    ...I am not a people person... the people waiting with me would just be getting on my nerves.
    I don't know you personally, and don't mean to be a mirror, but... The reverse could also be true

You can slap me if you want...I deserved it!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I don't know you personally, and don't mean to be a mirror, but... The reverse could also be true

You can slap me if you want...I deserved it!
    LOL, probably wouldn't be getting on anyones nerves, other than whoever came with me... I would just be sitting there mad at people/things going on around me.

I have this issue where I can't shut things out, so I get frustrated when I see/hear stupid things (I think it comes from years of having to manage other people, I had to listen to multiple conversations going at once and be able to jump in). Add to that the massive crowd of folks a portion of which have no respect for other people, you know the kinda folk that 3 people together will stand across the whole isle acting like they don't see you are trying to get past them...

but I digress
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I once waited in line for 3hrs to chat and get r. Lee Ermeys autograph and it was we'll worth the wait. Harping on people for do what they want with their time is stupid.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12