Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bioforce2
  • 1 Post By jack90125
  1.    #1  
    forget it, so not worth it, nothing to view here.. please delete <clean>
    Last edited by stumblinh; 11/25/2011 at 04:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    This is a very misleading topic. Switching to something else is hardly a fix.

I can't say I blame netflix for not supporting a dead platform.
    dignitary likes this.
    Slingbox most likely will not work. The Haupaugge Broadway does. Maybe you could add this tip to my thread? I haven't found any new tips in some time... http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ml#post3188118
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    why not just install cm7? splashtop is free there and it has a netflix app? that works and it is painlessly easy to install cm7.
    Guess I just don't get what the issues are.
    dignitary likes this.
  5.    #5  
    nothing to note here.. delete. <cleaner>
    Last edited by stumblinh; 11/25/2011 at 04:45 AM.
    <thread title updated by staff>
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Slingbox most likely will not work. The Haupaugge Broadway does. Maybe you could add this tip to my thread? I haven't found any new tips in some time... http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ml#post3188118
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    I know not everyone can do this, will want to do this.. but I just switched my cable over the other day to dishnetwork (hot deal w/ 200 amazon credit w/ 2yr) got 3mos of blockbuster and 3mos of hbo etc the typicals free install, free dvr, 2 free hd units, and the dvr has a 4th SD output for another future tv or my computer. Not to mentino I'm going to be able to lower my monthly bill... only keeping cable inet.

I've been wishing for netflix for some time now, well it's no longer needed, there is a BETTER option. Some media you need dishnetwork, for some you only need a blockbuster movie pass for (10mo). I was already using a bb movie pass anyway so no cost for me, just 3 extra free mos.

Now between having dishonline.com and my blockbuster movie pass I have access to 10,000+ tv shows and movies, including some epix and other movie channels all streaming off their web site. I have tried this and it works great, you do need a pretty solid connect to stream really smooth though like any similar service. I also have a sling adapter coming in the mail and from my understanding as long as your device can do flash (ours can) you can also watch live tv from ANYWHERE off dishonline's web site. This means access to my full channel line up on my TP anywhere I GO!

EDIT: the movie section requires a plugin, so the HBO, stars etc won't work unless someone can get the widevineMediaTransformer.Dmv to install on the browser. so its not pure bliss on the tp. Installer works for the typical ie, Firefox, chrome. All

I just want to take a second to thank netflix for their poor support and poor customer service.. if they had developed a TP app I never would have looked further and this is SOOO much better. More content and BETTER content than netflix has online! Thanks again netflix
    How do you stream without a sling? I've been trying to do this for the last half hour, and dish tells me that I need a sling to stream.
    Last edited by shneor; 11/24/2011 at 04:16 PM.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  8.    #8  
    apparently didn't help anyone, just delete. <cleanest>
    Last edited by stumblinh; 11/25/2011 at 04:45 AM.
    <thread cleaned>
    the topic is how to deliver dish network content to a touchpad