Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Sure.. the HP Ostrich has it's head firmly in the sand there!
    "What 4G's??"

$99 16Gb's for 'spare parts' at Willey's anyone?

RC Willey - Browse Advertisement

Wow its for real. Too bad their nearest store is 600 miles away.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Lack of official HP physical 'support' for TP 4G's?

actually there were several 4G Tpads sold on the market just before they canceled everything so its worth a try !
    ĦṔ-ḶÝōṫ-Ŧḯōη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    actually there were several 4G Tpads sold on the market just before they canceled everything so its worth a try !
    It can be done. I ressurrected a TP 4G that head been driven over by a car.
    Took everything from the 16GB TP except the main board, and speakers to bring the 4G back to life.Thank gioodness the 3G data card in the 4G wasn't damaged, or I'd have been up **** creek.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I can attest that the TouchStone will charge a TouchPad from complete empty. Just did it with one, actually. gf's TouchPad was apparently not sitting on the stone right, and drained .. adjusted it's position, and it took about 20 minutes or so, but it just powered up on it's own.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Originally Posted by Mutoidi
    Lack of official HP physical 'support' for TP 4G's?[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I had a bad 32 gb wifi non 4G replaced by HP with a 4G model because they did not have any 32gb wifi models left to send me. If they use the 4G models to replace a warranted 32gb wifi model then I would think they would still have to support the 4G model they sent me. HP did not say if you accept this it is at your own risk since we are not going to support these models. The only thing they said was that they could not comment on anything they are working on when I asked them if they were going to come out with the 3.0.4 update for the 4G model. So I would press them to help you with your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I can attest that the TouchStone will charge a TouchPad from complete empty. Just did it with one, actually. gf's TouchPad was apparently not sitting on the stone right, and drained .. adjusted it's position, and it took about 20 minutes or so, but it just powered up on it's own.
    And so it should!
    But it seems that no charge of any sort is reaching the OP's battery, and no power of any sort is reaching the Motherboard iether.
    Possible circuit (or software) failure.
    There was a thread here involving 'No charge' of any sort getting through, but enough stored power remaining to at least fully reboot the device.. after which it happily accepted a charge.. (indicating that software can also be a cause!).

7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by cjf243 View Post
    I had a bad 32 gb wifi non 4G replaced by HP with a 4G model because they did not have any 32gb wifi models left to send me. If they use the 4G models to replace a warranted 32gb wifi model then I would think they would still have to support the 4G model they sent me. HP did not say if you accept this it is at your own risk since we are not going to support these models. The only thing they said was that they could not comment on anything they are working on when I asked them if they were going to come out with the 3.0.4 update for the 4G model. So I would press them to help you with your problem.
    Oh, trust me, I was on several phone discussions with HP.
    - Online chat where I specified it was a 4g model, was given options for repair
    - phone support where I specified it was a 4g model and wanted to take advantage of the advanced exchange - took the information and all
    - got a call back from a different part of HP after the request for repair, and was told that this model is *not* supported, as it was not officially released to the public.
    - Called back and requested to speak to the supervisor I had spoken with earlier, they had to retract the replacement offers, and inform me that there is no warranty on the device whatsoever.

So, if the 32gb was indeed replaced by a 4g, I would proactively call HP to validate that the one year manufacturer warranty did indeed transfer to the replacement unit.

Thanks
  8.    #48  
    And so it should!
    But it seems that no charge of any sort is reaching the OP's battery, and no power of any sort is reaching the Motherboard iether.
    There was a thread here involving 'No charge' of any sort getting through, but enough stored power remaining to at least fully reboot the device.. after which it happily accepted a charge.. (indicating that software can also be a cause!).

For what it is worth, I had noticed that the touchpad was at rev 3.0.1 of webos. Several attempts to check for updates resulted in no updates needed message from the device.. I am starting to wonder if the 4g model had a different release train? did not think they would want to do that.
    3.0.1. eh.. so not 3.0.0 or 3.0.2 ?

So the 4G had it's own from the start. There was more recently a 3.0.4, 4G-specific build (-78?) released.

I think HP 'assumed' that the 4G was going to go great-guns in the market after the Wifi-only model had 'broken the ice'?

The 4G would then have superceeded the Wifi-only model.

But, 'No'!

10.    #50  
    And so it should!

[QUOTE=Mutoidi;3251866]3.0.1. eh.. so not 3.0.0 or 3.0.2 ?

Yes.. it was 3.0.1, which I thought was somewhat odd.. I recall that the application download app was somewhat old compared to my other TP application app look and feel. Do not recall what version it was though.. But having different release trains/names for the different platforms seems to be not the most efficient way of releasing s/w. Just my 2 cents..
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemytouchpad View Post
    I am contemplating a battery change.. any thoughts where I can buy a battery for the TouchPad. Had not noticed any for sale on hp shopping..

I had come across the "how to change the battery".. need to find it again.

Thanks
    search ebay for 635574-001

40 bucks. ships from China, takes about 2 weeks but it is the same battery as the original.

we have purchased a couple.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123