Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemytouchpad View Post
    I am contemplating a battery change.. any thoughts where I can buy a battery for the TouchPad. Had not noticed any for sale on hp shopping..

I had come across the "how to change the battery".. need to find it again.

Thanks
    Installing HP TouchPad Battery - iFixit

Better value to buy a S/H 16GB.. and canabalise for some other compatible 'spares' also, if nec?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/24/2011 at 08:49 AM.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Here's a guy selling them on eBay. They're pricey!
    HP TOUCHPAD W/ WEB OS BATTERY FOR 8GB,16GB,32,64GB ATT CAPABLE NEW - eBay
    Thanks. I had come across his listing before. It is an option, but still looking.
    I found some of the specs for the battery online. Still looking on the web.
    Replace Code: 635574-001
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post

Better value to buy a S/H 16GB.. and canabalise for some other compatible 'spares' also, if nec?

Great! Thanks for the link.

Yes, contemplating that as well.. might get a used one after christmas. Hope prices will go down by then.
    Great! Thanks for the link.

Yes, contemplating that as well.. might get a used one after christmas. Hope prices will go down by then.
    No worries! Time to get the screwdriver out! (You may even just have a faulty USB-in socket/circuit? Pic.).

If the Global Financial System even still exists after Christmas.. you should get a fair deal I would have thought!

But then a 16Gb for $99 aint so bad, even before C'mas!

$140 just for a Batt is a bit steep IMO!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/24/2011 at 10:43 AM.
    Wouldn't it still be under warranty? I'd call HP first before purchasing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcoch View Post
    Wouldn't it still be under warranty? I'd call HP first before purchasing anything.
    Lack of official HP physical 'support' for TP 4G's?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/24/2011 at 09:30 AM.
  7.    #27  
    Lack of official HP physical 'support' for TP 4G's?

Yes, since this is a 4G device which was never officially released, there is no support whatsoever! Anyone thinking of getting one for high $$'s, buyer beware..

I had called HP, and was told that there is no support.. even though my belief is that the failure has nothing to do with the 4g aspect of the TouchPad.. oh well..time for self support.
    Yes, since this is a 4G device which was never officially released, there is no support whatsoever! Anyone thinking of getting one for high $$'s, buyer beware..

I had called HP, and was told that there is no support.. even though my belief is that the failure has nothing to do with the 4g aspect of the TouchPad.. oh well..time for self support.
    Sure.. the HP Ostrich has it's head firmly in the sand there!
    "What 4G's??"

$99 16Gb's for 'spare parts' at Willey's anyone?

http://www.rcwilley.com/ads/2011/Nov...ertisement.jsp

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/24/2011 at 10:42 AM.
    I don't think its the battery. If so you should see the ! Or ? When connecting the charger.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I don't think its the battery. If so you should see the ! Or ? When connecting the charger.
    If the device has no power though, would it have any capability of showing any information? I assumed not, but not sure..
  11.    #31  
    Sure.. the HP Ostrich has it's head firmly in the sand there!
    "What 4G's??"

$99 16Gb's for 'spare parts' at Willey's anyone?

RC Willey - Browse Advertisement

Interesting.. will check it out and keep an eye out. Thanks!
    Interesting.. will check it out and keep an eye out. Thanks!
    Cool.. and Good Luck!
    If the device has no power though, would it have any capability of showing any information? I assumed not, but not sure..
    I just tried with my pre3. Pulled battery and connect the charger I've got a white battery symbol with a "?" in the middle.
    I just tried with my pre3. Pulled battery and connect the charger I've got a white battery symbol with a "?" in the middle.
    Yes.. that's because it's being powered directly BY the charger, but IF that power isn't even getting past a busted USB-port connection for example (as could well be the case with the 4G in question) .. that couldn't and wouldn't then happen, battery or no (flat) battery.. would it?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/24/2011 at 12:56 PM.

???
    You suggested to buy a new battery and I said it could be something else.
    ???
    You suggested to buy a new battery and I said it could be something else.
    No, not 'suggest'.. but instead, offer the idea of a cheap source of spares, INcluding a battery AND anything else (such as USB Port etc) suitable, ALL for 60% of the price of a new battery!

Clearer?

All you are saying, however, is that your 'Pre' doesn't happen to have a busted power circuit!
    This may not be the case with the OP's 4G.

Also clearer?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/24/2011 at 01:16 PM.
    No, not 'suggest'.. but instead, offer the idea of a cheap source of spares, INcluding a battery AND anything else (such as USB Port etc) suitable, ALL for 60% of the price of a new battery!

Clearer?

All you are saying, however, is that your 'Pre' doesn't happen to have a busted power circuit!
    This may not be the case with the OP's 4G.

Also clearer?

Shouldn't the Touchstone change even if the USB port was busted?
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Shouldn't the Touchstone change even if the USB port was busted?
    Depends entirely upon how the power circuit wiring is configured internally.
    See the small 'plug' in the image at #24?
    If that USB PCB is at fault or disconnected there.. and the TP's Inductive Charge coil remains the 'other side' of that fault, then no power reaches the Motherboard from there either!
    Besides which the Touchstone may not actually supply/register ample power to fire up the TP with no other power (ie. Batt/USB input), anyway?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/24/2011 at 02:59 PM.
    Depends entirely upon how the power circuit wiring is configured internally.
    See the small 'plug' in the image at #24?
    If that USB PCB is at fault or disconnected there.. and the TP's Inductive Charge coil remains the 'other side' of that fault, then no power reaches the Motherboard from there either!
    Besides which the Touchstone may not actually supply/register ample power to fire up the TP with no other power (ie. Batt/USB input), anyway?

True that. I missed on that fact that the whole "power" PCB could be faulty.

But, to my knowledge, if you hook up any device on the Touchstone when it is dead empty, than: a) the device will charge b) the device will complain on the shortage of power provided by the power source.

It should somehow show something ... Unless it is dry empty, then I haven't encounter that!
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    True that. I missed on that fact that the whole "power" PCB could be faulty.

But, to my knowledge, if you hook up any device on the Touchstone when it is dead empty, than: a) the device will charge b) the device will complain on the shortage of power provided by the power source.

It should somehow show something ... Unless it is dry empty, then I haven't encounter that!
    That's it.. I suspect that the battery is iether dead-dry-flat or faultily 'disconnected' from any charging source.. or now most likely, both!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast