Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    <title update to clarify>
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    "pretty sneaky, sis" Love the reference to a tv commercial for the Connect 4 game. Wasn't that from around the late '70s?

Update: I googled it and found a clip on youtube dated 1981:

I wonder how many readers recognized the reference.
    Well, at least one person did
    thank God for CM7, otherwise the touchpad at this stage of the game is useless running webos. Don't get me wrong, webos blows away android, but the apps available are minimal for now. Hp can't even seem to get their monthly Pivot magazine out any longer, the last update being in Sept or Oct I think. If HP decides to keep webos and come out with a TP2 then we will see things ramp up. Until then I guess I will be using the CM android alpha on mine, only booting into webos occasionally to see if anything has changed.
    WebOS is like driving a really awesome hydrogen car, good look finding filling station though.
    AZBrowncoat and mc_gusto like this.
    Yes, I must admit, that particularly after all the 'Splashtop' pricing/promo-code chaos on the HP Apps Cat... it was a simple pleasure to recently install CM7 A3 and pop over to a similar (but remaining namelsss!) 'Android App Market' and download it.. and several others, for free.

Yeah.. I wish Android ran on 'H'.. but sometimes, I feel it doesn't even know whether it's supposed to be a two-stroke or a four-stroke!
    It certainly aint 'clean & green' quite yet!

Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    WebOS is like driving a really awesome hydrogen car, good look finding filling station though.
    Love the analogy...and unfortunately all too true.
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_B View Post
    Here's a great 'how to" video: . Change the resolution to 720p and it's very clear.

I found it to be well worth the 2GB sacrifice. I mainly got it so I could have a browser I could sync with my desktop at work. Then I added Netflix and Crackle apps. Both work great. It boots into android very fast (under 30 seconds).

If you install Android you can expect to have to update it when HP does another WebOS update.
    when the OTA update comes to webOS comes, will it wipe the separate partition?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    when the OTA update comes to webOS comes, will it wipe the separate partition?
    No, it won't affect the partition. But if you don't see the dual boot menu after a WebOS update you have to reinstall moboot.
    See [Release][Alpha3]Cyanogenmod Touchpad - RootzWiki
    No, it won't affect the partition. But if you don't see the dual boot menu after a WebOS update you have to reinstall moboot.
    See [Release][Alpha3]Cyanogenmod Touchpad - RootzWiki
    I followed the wiki for ɑ3 putting on moboot 0.34 ...should I have used 0.35 ? ...also, to assure I don't lose this on the run, I suppose I should store a copy of moboot on the fone in another directory for use moving to the install directory if needed, yes?
    Last edited by patapoof; 12/07/2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: my gud speelling
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I followed the wiki for ɑ3 putting on moboot 0.34 ...should I have used 0.35 ? ...also, to assure I don't lose this on the run, I suppose I should store a copy of moboot on the fone in another directory for use moving to the install directory if needed, yes?
    Moboot 0.3.4 is fine. I'm still using 0.3.3. 0.3.5 adds verbose option to display what the boot manager is doing. It doesn't work with CM7 yet so it's useless to us. You'll need a copy of moboot on the device to reinstall it. It will save you a little time to have a copy there, but I think it can only be done with novacom using the acme installer so you're still going to have to plug the thing into a computer with a usb cable. To be on the safe side I used the clockwork recovery mod and made a local backup. Then I copied that backup to my computer in usb mode. That way if the whole thing gets wiped out I can reinstall and restore my apps and data. I don't have a lot of faith in alpha builds or in WebOS behaving the same way from one update to the another.
    Last update did wipe out moboot but it's pretty simple to reinstall it so it shouldn't be a problem if you're already installed CM7 once.
    Moboot 0.3.4 is fine. I'm still using 0.3.3. 0.3.5 adds verbose option to display what the boot manager is doing. It doesn't work with CM7 yet so it's useless to us. You'll need a copy of moboot on the device to reinstall it. It will save you a little time to have a copy there, but I think it can only be done with novacom using the acme installer so you're still going to have to plug the thing into a computer with a usb cable. To be on the safe side I used the clockwork recovery mod and made a local backup. Then I copied that backup to my computer in usb mode. That way if the whole thing gets wiped out I can reinstall and restore my apps and data. I don't have a lot of faith in alpha builds or in WebOS behaving the same way from one update to the another.
    I had no troube getting it on the touchpad and it boots fine to android and all things go ...except, I go to the app market and it just sits and times out ...how come?
    any advice ...put on cm7 a3 fine and then put on a thing about Flemmard marketfix and no go for the market ...it times out ...good, functional, fast, secured wifi connection ...what to do?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12