1.    #1  
    greetings! AM so GLAD this forum exists.
    1st question :
    Am in Gmail reading an email.
    I do not see a blue button for scrolling up and down alongside, as i normally do.
    How do I navigate past where the text cuts off? (I can't view the entire email post on the screen and want to move below the bottom).
    Thank You !!!
    are you using the email app?
    Does swiping up with your finger not work?
  4.    #4  
    Hello. I'm a new user. Question : when I open a post to me in g-mail, I can only see the top part ... the rest of the message is not displayed, & I dont know how to scroll down further ( — normally, I see a blue button alongside the left-hand side of the document, but none in Firefox using WebOS ... ought I use another web browser, or ¿what? Thank you

my homepage:
    Gary Gach | Public Personal Home Page

Warmly, Gary
    You aren't using Firefox in webOS, there's no such publicly available thing.

The browser is not capable of scrolling in stock gmail. Use the HTML version of gmail, the tablet version of gmail (if that is even still available? i don't know, and don't have the link to it), or just hook up your webOS email app to it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    <threads merged>
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    You aren't using Firefox in webOS, there's no such publicly available thing.

The browser is not capable of scrolling in stock gmail. Use the HTML version of gmail, the tablet version of gmail (if that is even still available? i don't know, and don't have the link to it), or just hook up your webOS email app to it.
    great supportiveness <cblade> ... lemme know if i can ever return the favor with the technology of mindfulness ( — what I do — ) .... SO ... now i have the HTML Gmail on my screen and (yay!) can scroll ...

question: can i download an attachment sent to me in Word ... ( and if so, how? )

question #3: for these kind of rote, Square One, newbie questions, is there a resource you recommend — book, website, FAQs, etc.

And have a nice night. Thanks, again.⚇
    you should be able to open .doc and .docx files in QuickOffice. You may need to add your gmail to the regular email application to be able to actually download, though, as there are pretty nasty design issues preventing people from downloading files via secure sites.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    you should be able to open .doc and .docx files in QuickOffice. You may need to add your gmail to the regular email application to be able to actually download, though, as there are pretty nasty design issues preventing people from downloading files via secure sites.
    you're right, <eblade>, 'tho it took me 15-20 minutes to find out for myself before i read your post. ( what wld we do without you ? — or, where is there a repository of such basic basic info to be found, online, or off ? ) hadn't anticipated learning from Square One wcould be arduous

so now i have my first document (originally in Word) downloaded onto / into touchpad ... & don't know (1) how to revision i t , & 2) where to store it & how to summon it up when wished.

slowly, slowly, step by step Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodhi View Post
    you're right, <eblade>, 'tho it took me 15-20 minutes to find out for myself before i read your post. ( what wld we do without you ? — or, where is there a repository of such basic basic info to be found, online, or off ? ) hadn't anticipated learning from Square One wcould be arduous

so now i have my first document (originally in Word) downloaded onto / into touchpad ... & don't know (1) how to revision i t , & 2) where to store it & how to summon it up when wished.

slowly, slowly, step by step Thank you
    I use Gemini file manager (paid app downloaded from app catalog) to 'see' my files.

When downloading, files are usually automatically saved to 'downloads' folder.

You can open a file by navigating to the /media/internals/downloads folder and selecting it, then choose to open it. It should open in quick office. You could also open it directly from QO. I don't use it, but I'm sure there's a way to do it.

Once in QO, you should be able to revise/save.

I'm also new to webOS, but reading through this and other forums has helped me to understand it better.

If there is a better/faster solution, I'm sure it will be posted.

Good luck.