Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By neville1355
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 1 Post By johnsonx42
  • 1 Post By bluenote
  • 3 Post By eblade
  1.    #1  
    Have developers stopped writing new Touchpad-only apps for the HP App Catalog?
    (note I said "Touchpad-only" because I'm not talking about apps for other webOS devices)
    One of my touchpad-only apps went in yesterday, I have 2 more in queue to be reviewed.

So not for me, no.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    cujoq37 and NoICon like this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    One of my touchpad-only apps went in yesterday, I have 2 more in queue to be reviewed.

So not for me, no.
    Cool! That's good to know. I spent almost $100 on iOS apps last week alone for my iPad 2.
    So far I've spent only $10 on Touchpad apps because I simply couldn't find any apps in
    the HP App Catalog that look useful/fun to me. (and I've spent hours looking at almost
    every Touchpad app listed)
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    (note I said "Touchpad-only" because I'm not talking about apps for other webOS devices)
    Open up App Catalog and type "touchpad" in the Search Bar. There there will be total number of Touchpad apps under results. It currently sits @ 602.
    I have two potential App Catalog TP only apps (games) on the go, plus TouchPrompt which is on the backburner, being worked on only occasionally. One of these should be ready in a week or two, the other (while playing really nicely IMHO, and that of a tester), needs a lot of pixel pushing.

Working on a Pixi game too...
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    It all depends on what you are looking for... along with the folks above, Jason is currently in development of Internalz HD.

I would say that asking for TP only apps is being overly specific. If a developer is working on an app that can work on phones as well without a lot of extra programming (now that all phones have enyo support) they most likely would make the app available on as many devices as possible. There are a few devs I know of off the top of my head that are working on apps that fit this description, and will develop an app for all devices. An app doesn't have to be TouchPad specific to run well on TP and phones.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    Open up App Catalog and type "touchpad" in the Search Bar. There there will be total number of Touchpad apps under results. It currently sits @ 602.
    no, that only gives you the total of apps that have “touchpad” in the title or description (simply being for or compatible with touchpad won't do it). I'm not sure how to get a total count, but it's plenty more than 602.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Cool! That's good to know. I spent almost $100 on iOS apps last week alone for my iPad 2.
    So far I've spent only $10 on Touchpad apps because I simply couldn't find any apps in
    the HP App Catalog that look useful/fun to me. (and I've spent hours looking at almost
    every Touchpad app listed)
    op needs to give examples of apps he/she would find 1) useful or 2) fun and then people can help with suggestions.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I don't know about Touchpad-only, but here's a list of how many apps are available for many devices for many regions: https://twitter.com/#!/webosinternal...61261369397248

The total count for all regions is at least https://twitter.com/#!/webosinternal...48430847139840
    Note that the new App Catalog has filters to show All\Phone\Pad apps as desired. Also, more *big name* apps have been released since the death announcement than before. Course if you actually *had* a TPad, you'd know that...

(low post count, blatant FUD, hmmm...)
    I'm personally working to bring my app to phones at the moment, and going forward, all future work will be for phone and tablet. Leo left behind 4 million users, I'm not going to.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Note that the new App Catalog has filters to show All\Phone\Pad apps as desired. Also, more *big name* apps have been released since the death announcement than before. Course if you actually *had* a TPad, you'd know that...

(low post count, blatant FUD, hmmm...)
    I've been saying that HP should arrange the App Catalog by allowing Touchpad users
    to see only Touchpad apps. Now if they can allow me to sort the apps by number
    of reviews or actual date of release. Also would be nice if there can be a column
    showing all the apps that are already purchased/installed on my Touchpad, instead
    of showing "LAUNCH" button

(perhaps even getting rid of Pivot when App Catalog starts up... because those two girls
    are freaking me out well, at least this month they're not just staring at you. )
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    you stole my words.

i was just thinking that when I opened app catalog today. Those two girls give me creeps.

Its like they picked up random girls off the street and put them on the cover of pivot. they arnt photogenic or sporty enough for a sports theme

anyway, webos developers are taking week off for thanksgiving so dont expect any new apps for Touchpad this week.

All in all I am ****ed the games are broken and I am disappointed pre games are not scaled by developers for the tablet.
    Might get better results searching for "for touchpad". If you're saying games are broken due to WebOS 3.0.4 then you could doctor back to 3.0.2 for now. I personally don't have a problem with the women on the Pivot sports issue. Given that HP has abandoned us, better set the expectations on developers low and appreciate what we get.
    '..give examples of apps he/she would find 1). Useful or 2). Fun.. and then people can help with suggestions..'

Sure.. here's one anyway:

1). 'Navit' Option for recognition of External Bluetooth GPS Receiver in 'Wifi only' TouchPads?

2). As above!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/22/2011 at 11:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    All in all I am ****ed the games are broken and I am disappointed pre games are not scaled by developers for the tablet.
    A lot of those games haven't been updated since prior to HP's purchase of Palm, and I wouldn't expect much in the way of updating unless you contact the devs directly. Considering that scaling wasn't even revealed as an option to developers until around the time HP discontinued the Touchpad, you really shouldn't be surprised. By then, many of them had been long gone as it is and weren't coming back.

In the App Catalog, for most of these apps there's a way to get the contact information for a developer if I'm not mistaken. If people are running into issues, I'd recommend using it to ask them if they'll make the necessary changes--in most cases, it's simply an appinfo.json change to add a proper 'uirevision' flag. I wouldn't count on many of them putting in the time to do it, but it's worth a shot if you really want it to happen.

Whatever you do, do not update the apps yourself and redistribute them, because it's quite illegal. Many of us, including myself, actively search for them and do report leaks and pirated versions of apps and unreleased SDKs/Doctors directly to HP on a daily basis.
    Last edited by vanadium; 11/22/2011 at 10:33 PM.