1.    #1  
    I have some movies on my PC that I want to load to my Touchpad. Once I connect the TP and put it into USB mode, to which location should I copy the files to on the TP.

Thanks
    Does not matter. If it can play them, they will show up.
    Before my last full erase, I had one flick. I think I just created a folder on the root of the drive called “videos”.
    Make sure they are .mp4 extension. I make a folder called Movies from windows on the touchpad while in USB mode called movies and move the movies there. Easy to watch from Photos and Videos.
    Grabber is right too, there is no real need.
  5.    #5  
    Worked great. BTW, I use Kalmesoft so no need to worry about type.

Quote Originally Posted by MysterGrimm View Post
    Make sure they are .mp4 extension. I make a folder called Movies from windows on the touchpad while in USB mode called movies and move the movies there. Easy to watch from Photos and Videos.
    Grabber is right too, there is no real need.
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    Worked great. BTW, I use Kalmesoft so no need to worry about type.
    Just to clarify - Any player will find them on your USB drive, provided they are a webOS playable type.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Just to clarify - Any player will find them on your USB drive, provided they are a webOS playable type.

So, just out of curiosity then, IF someone puts android on their HP, does this still apply?
    I dont know off hand if the android system allows for avi files but if it did, would that mean that the TP could play avi files if it had android installed?

I am curious to know if its the software or the hardware then, that makes avi files incompatible on webOS.

IF it is webOS, I cant help but wonder why they would not have allowed for .avi files?

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelaghDB View Post
    So, just out of curiosity then, IF someone puts android on their HP, does this still apply?
    i don't see why not.

that's how it functions with other android devices.
    the fact that it is android on a TP should make no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelaghDB View Post
    I dont know off hand if the android system allows for avi files but if it did, would that mean that the TP could play avi files if it had android installed?

I am curious to know if its the software or the hardware then, that makes avi files incompatible on webOS.

IF it is webOS, I cant help but wonder why they would not have allowed for .avi files?

TIA
    It's just a matter of what video formats the installed player understands, it has essentially nothing to do with hardware. The in-built webOS player is somewhat limited. I suggest you try TouchPlayer. Other than DVD rips (VIDEO_TS folder), it plays everything I've asked it to including mpeg-2 transport streams (standard def recorded tv), .avi's, .mp4's, .mkv's, etc.

TouchPlayer Documentation Coding for Mobile Platforms
    I should also have qualified my answer with: if the media indexer doesn't crash.. . Sometimes even supported files won't show up until after a reboot.

Also regarding having Android installed. It would not increase what WebOS' native player can play. Android supports more formats natively, and 3rd party apps support additional formats. So the additional files would be ignored by the webOS media indexer. Touchplayer uses its own means of locating media files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Touchplayer uses its own means of locating media files.
    well, that's true in a way. Touchplayer's means of locating media files is letting you do it yourself. It gives you a directory listing (I believe it uses jason's file manager for that), and if you tap a file it attempts to play it. It makes no attempt to locate or identify anything.