1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone.

After many hours, I finally am getting my Touchpad the way I want it. Ubuntu went on kicking and screaming, and I have all the little tweaks and things on WebOS. Being what I know about the whole setup, I'm still amazed it went on.

That said, is there a way to backup the entire Touchpad? Like make an ISO file so if anything catastrophic happens, you can just restore it from say a file on your Desktop's hard drive instead of having to start all over from zero? Like Norton's Ghost for your Touchpad.

If this is something that's not possible, I'm willing to bet the person who makes one would be one famous person, because I for one, wouldn't want to have to do everything I did to this Touchpad over. That would simply suck out loud.

Let me know and thanks!

Gynotai
    Quote Originally Posted by Gynotai View Post
    Hi Everyone.

After many hours, I finally am getting my Touchpad the way I want it. Ubuntu went on kicking and screaming, and I have all the little tweaks and things on WebOS. Being what I know about the whole setup, I'm still amazed it went on.

That said, is there a way to backup the entire Touchpad? Like make an ISO file so if anything catastrophic happens, you can just restore it from say a file on your Desktop's hard drive instead of having to start all over from zero? Like Norton's Ghost for your Touchpad.

If this is something that's not possible, I'm willing to bet the person who makes one would be one famous person, because I for one, wouldn't want to have to do everything I did to this Touchpad over. That would simply suck out loud.

Let me know and thanks!

Gynotai
    That's a great question. I had been wondering the same thing; how to create an image of the storage and put it back on if needed (dd comes to mind, but how to restore created image).
    Hi Everyone.

Let me know and thanks!

Gynotai
    If someone can port this, it would be great. It is linux after all :-)
    BackupMenu for Maemo (N900) by Rob Simpson :: Maemo software @ My-Maemo.com
    +1
    I didn't see a any method for full backups so I am using rsync right now.

I'm sure there has to be a better way.

Hi Everyone.

Let me know and thanks!

Gynotai
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryn View Post
    I didn't see a any method for full backups so I am using rsync right now.

I'm sure there has to be a better way.
    Hi.

If a better way doesn't exist yet, give it time; it will.

Whoever makes a backup/restore utility for the TP will be one popular person.

As an idea: Something that would make say an ISO of your TP so if something corrupts your TP, you don't have to lose all those awesome tweaks you spent the last month doing.

Thank you, everyone for all your efforts. I'm proud to say that WebOS is only on my TP because Chroot needs it.

Gynotai