Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    Not really a friend if he/she wants to make money off something that only cost $99 to
    begin with. (unless it was originally purchased for more than $150, of course)

Having said that, any Touchpad is worth buying under $150.
    Not much of a friend if you thumb your nose at his right to turn a profit. Why should he feel obligated to throw away any profit just because it is a friend buying it?
    If you want a tablet now, it's not a bad deal. For example, the Kindle Fire has half the screen area of the TouchPad and half the flash memory for $50 more. If you're looking for "the" tablet that you want to keep for years, it's probably not it. Tablets will get better and faster and you'd be better off waiting for a year or so until they mature more.

For me, I just bought it as a chance to try out a tablet without getting something junky or expensive. I really didn't know if I'd use a tablet at all, but I use it pretty much every day.
    Last edited by bdbr; 11/22/2011 at 01:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netrate View Post
    I have a chance to purchase a HP Touchpad 16 from a friend for $150. I am not sure whether I want it or not, but the price is definitely right. Has the homebrew/modding community really taken up the torch on this product? Is it going to be a paper weight in 6 months?
    Put the cash towards a shiny new ASUS Transformer Prime!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Almost everyone in my family (we ordered 7 total) purchased a 16 GB Touchpad when they went on sale and every one of them is quite thrilled with it. With the exception of myself, they are all average consumers who are not hung up on brand, specs, underlying ecosystem, etc. and simply care that it can do all the basics and do them reasonably well. They got what they hoped for, and for $99, couldn't be happier.
    I say do it if you can afford it. They are a nice step into the tablet market, but you will want more. I'll be trying the ipad2 next.
    Thanks,
    Hookie
    For all those who feel they made a bad buy with their firesale Touchpads there's no reason to live with regret for even a day longer. I'm looking to buy a second one, and will glady pay you what you spent on it plus a little extra for the trouble it'll take you to box it up and ship it to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    For all those who feel they made a bad buy with their firesale Touchpads there's no reason to live with regret for even a day longer. I'm looking to buy a second one, and will glady pay you what you spent on it plus a little extra for the trouble it'll take you to box it up and ship it to me.
    I don't know how anyone who got the tp fire prices could have any regrets. For that price if all you use it for is a digital photo viewer you still got a great deal. I paid $240 for mine on amazon and have no regrets. Is it an iPad, no but the iPads start at &500 plus in my state 7% sales tax, so I saved $295. The way I see it if I find out I'm not really a tablet person I'm not out that much money, but I've had I for 2 weeks now an I use it more than my iPhone or PC. The only thing I wish it had were more apps but it does do flash so you can access most websites. Hopefully there will be a netflix app soon.
    I don't know if you should... but I know that I should, for this value...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12