Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By matteebee13
  1.    #1  
    HP touchpad, webos3.0.4

I accidentally deleted a file in /media/internal

Since, the following no longer works:

-cant log into my hp app catalog (it just "rotates"/searches the account I guess)
    -my bookmarks (and history) disappeared and cant bookmark sites anymore
    -the top searchbox no longer searches
    -my webos account and various other account info disappeared...

Any suggestions? Where do deleted files go? can I recover the file? What file I probably deleted? Thanks!
    You can try extracting the missing file from the corresponding weOS Dr version. Open it with 7Zip and you should be able to replace it. If that seems too complicated maybe just Dr it?!
    kill_dano likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dolty View Post
    HP touchpad, webos3.0.4

I accidentally deleted a file in /media/internal

Since, the following no longer works:

-cant log into my hp app catalog (it just "rotates"/searches the account I guess)
    -my bookmarks (and history) disappeared and cant bookmark sites anymore
    -the top searchbox no longer searches
    -my webos account and various other account info disappeared...

Any suggestions? Where do deleted files go? can I recover the file? What file I probably deleted? Thanks!
    After reading allot, I discovered this. HPWebos does daily backups of many account info of your device ( hp touchpad in my case). Since I lost all such info from my device, the device couldnt even log onto my webos account. But A reboot of the device makes a corresponding serial # and hardware# to the webos account and reloads the personal info automatically onto the device. So just a reboot sufficed for my device to automatically restore my info and all is well.

I didnt want to reboot initially incase of permanently loosing my deleted info. Although that was a safe reaction on my part, the reboot was the default solution!

Thanks for your help and I hope my experience and self-reply helps others out there.
  4.    #4  
    Update on my situation. Still need help...

I notice that at midnight my touchpad losses my webos account. Thats what was (still is) the source of my problem. Rebooting makes my touchpad reload my webos account info and all then works.

So, what dos it loose info at midnight? is there a setting somewher etc.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dolty View Post
    Update on my situation. Still need help...

I notice that at midnight my touchpad losses my webos account. Thats what was (still is) the source of my problem. Rebooting makes my touchpad reload my webos account info and all then works.

So, what dos it loose info at midnight? is there a setting somewher etc.

Thanks.
    Sounds like you should Dr. That should NOT be happening.
    If you don't even know -what- you deleted, how can you figure out how to replace it?

Deletion is (mostly) permanent.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: