webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Touchpad is stuck on the logo screen
Touchpad is stuck on the logo screen

Old 11/20/2011, 08:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

So...My wife was trying to connect her touchpad to the computer and she received an error message saying that she had to reformat the usb drive. She did so and the TP will not boot past the logo screen and STILL will not connect to the computer in order to use WEBOOS doctor. I tried the hard reset and the logo screen is all we get..... for hours upon end.... anyone able to help us?

A little background... she had preware and cynanogenmod 7 on her TP and was trying to reinstall moboot at the time as she lost the ability to dual boot.
goldiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2011, 09:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

wow bad move the cyno mod is hardly even alpha never mind beta lol .I would first reboot the computer, and then power down the TPad . Next start up the doctor and run through it until it says hook up the device. then plug the usb into the computer first . then while holding the volume up button on the TPad plug the other end into the TPad. A big usb symbol should pop up and the next button should light up . then just click on that next button on the web doctor screen. pm me if you need any other help and i will help if i can !
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: goldiemonster
Old 11/20/2011, 10:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
wow bad move the cyno mod is hardly even alpha never mind beta lol .I would first reboot the computer, and then power down the TPad . Next start up the doctor and run through it until it says hook up the device. then plug the usb into the computer first . then while holding the volume up button on the TPad plug the other end into the TPad. A big usb symbol should pop up and the next button should light up . then just click on that next button on the web doctor screen. pm me if you need any other help and i will help if i can !
So it worked and my TP is in the middle of the WEBOS Doctor process... I will let you know how it turned out! Thanks!
Old 11/20/2011, 10:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

So it seems as if it is stuck in the WEBOS Doctor process at 12%... what now?
Old 11/20/2011, 10:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

your welcome man , im around if you need anything just ask lol !
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Old 11/20/2011, 10:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
Also, what should I expect to have to reinstall once/if I get it to boot again? What is being done to my TP by WEBOS Doctor?
Old 11/20/2011, 10:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

its reinstalling the OS to your device complete refresh install . profile should back up most stuff . data inside of apps and stuff like that are not saved. all your contacts and apps should re install. if it gets stuck for more than 20 min. or so you may have to stop it and try again. there are many people that have had issue after installing the cygen andriod mod thing , so you would need to go to that thread (do a search for it) and ask some of the people in there is your best bet if the doctor wont work . but try it out 3 or 4 times before you give up sometimes it can be finicky lol
Old 11/20/2011, 10:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...ObAPm3VbPfniPA

this has some good info for you as well

also do a search in google "remove cyanogenmod for touchpad" and you will get some more info on how to do the removal .
Old 11/21/2011, 08:13 AM   #9 (permalink)

I have tried WEBOS Doctor 10 plus times and it has paused at 12% each time... any one have any other suggestions... I am very frustrated with this thing... I really hope she did not brick it... its days old
Old 11/21/2011, 08:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

sounds to me like a currupt usb partition. Search for the 12% thread.
somline is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stuck logo screen

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0