Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21  
    Another way to fix the distorted audio is to make a Skype call to echo123. When it begins to ring, you can just hang up and your audio will be fixed.
  2. #22  
    I just had the problem, and I went to the phone app, and made a phone call, and it went away. Anyone else?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    a lot of people have reported that if you start a YouTube video playing, then shut the screen off, it solves.
    Dang you! I wanted to be the one to report this fix! And get all of the Thanks! But yes, this worked for me, but I wasn't playing a Youtube video, I was just playing music streaming from the web on DI.FM. I simply turned off the screen via the button and turned it back on and the audio was fine after that.

    Man the things we WebOS lovers put up with!! I still have my Pre- for Sprint. I can't get rid of it, especially now that I have 6 Touchstones and just love the 100+ patches/kernels/homebrew whatnots on it. Cmon, will someone buy it outright and put everything they have into WebOS and make this the number 1 operating system that will never be beat, and you experienced WebOS users know this, expecially when you've used your friends Iphones and Android devices. I hate not knowing exactly what I have open on those OS's, but sooner or later, these giants are going to steal WebOS's design and mimic it's platform, which I believe is already in process.

    What am I saying, we're doomed. Pea soup.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  4. #24  
    Skype Echo test fixes it... temporally.
  5. c4r
    c4r is offline
    c4r's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    #25  
    Simple...and worked GREAT!

    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I found that even restarting the touchpad (not just luna, the whole OS) usually doesn't help. Someone else posted this fix, which I pooh-poohed initially, but discovered it actually does work every time for me:

    Just hit the power button on the touchpad to put it to sleep. Count to 10 mississippi. Now wake it up. The sound will be clear. I don't get why this works, but it does.
  6. #26  
    I get this a lot too. Just placing a call to the Skype call testing service usually fixes it for me.
  7. #27  
    I never had this problem until 3.0.5 and now it happens whenever I leave it on the touchstone in exhibition mode too long. Wish I never updated this. It didn't fix anything I cared about (like the browser unable to open half the links I click-on from my email) and broke something that I did care about (the audio). Up to know I would have said the great sound was one of TPs major strengths.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdch View Post
    I have seen many posts on here about touchpads LOSING audio, but my son and I are both experiencing a problem where the sound becomes distorted and remains that way until a restart is performed. Is anyone else having this problem? It seems to happen after it has been up for a while. It is fine after restart, but is just annoying. If anyone has a fix for this, please share.

    Thanks.
    For what it's worth, the Youtube/power button trick did NOT work for me. However, the Skype call to Echo123 DID work. So, at least something works.

    Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericblackdv View Post
    For what it's worth, the Youtube/power button trick did NOT work for me. However, the Skype call to Echo123 DID work. So, at least something works.

    Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
    You're telling me you actually had a video playing on utube and you pressed the power button to turn off the screen and then back on and the audio distortion problem didn't get fixed?. I just wanted to make sure you were doing it right, like pressing the button during video playback. It works everytime for me. The Skype thing works too but I don't need to do it cuz I just use the tube method.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    You're telling me you actually had a video playing on utube and you pressed the power button to turn off the screen and then back on and the audio distortion problem didn't get fixed?. I just wanted to make sure you were doing it right, like pressing the button during video playback. It works everytime for me. The Skype thing works too but I don't need to do it cuz I just use the tube method.
    I have found shutting the screen off for a full 10 secs works 98% of the time. I've never started a video playing first before shutting the screen off. Just tap the power button to power off the screen, count to ten slowly, tap power button again...voila, audio fixed.
  11. paul-c's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    I have found shutting the screen off for a full 10 secs works 98% of the time. I've never started a video playing first before shutting the screen off. Just tap the power button to power off the screen, count to ten slowly, tap power button again...voila, audio fixed.
    I'll have to try that the next time the issue shows up. I've just been restarting it.
  12. paulm64's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #32  
    Mine seems to be doing it more frequently, as of late. Really annoying. I would love my TP so much more if it didn't have the audio problem. Seems to happen after an audio notification, i.e. battery full sound plays, etc. Nowadays, seems like every time I pick up the TP to use it the audio is crackly!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions